• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my bunnies pee's on me!

kelly kat

New Kit
Ive got a male unneutered rabbit, he is very friendly and loves attention, but whenever i go near his hutch he sprays me with urine, same if i handle him, he pee's over me. im thinking of getting him neutered next month,but will this stop him doing it? Any advice please? :wave:

Ive got a male unneutered rabbit, he is very friendly and loves attention, but whenever i go near his hutch he sprays me with urine, same if i handle him, he pee's over me. im thinking of getting him neutered next month,but will this stop him doing it? Any advice please? :wave:

Yes it should do. This is the behaviour of an entire buck and I would say 99 times out of a 100 castration removes this behaviour completely. :D:wave:

Neutering should help him to stop spraying you... but he may still spray the hutch.

Toffee still sprays the hutch during spring, and since he can smell George.

Back