• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Rabbits In Need forum. Does it work?

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I have had positive experiences with that forum (actually, only positive experiences), but just wondered in general if posting in that forum and advertising those bunnies here gets many rehomed to people on this forum? Or if other ways seem to work better? Is it effective?

If you've had rabbits advertised there (either your own rabbits/private rabbits, or rescue rabbits), have they been rehomed this way?

I'm really nosey :lol:

Do you mean the rabbits in need section on this forum?If so I got my Dilly through looking in that section.He was from Honeybunnies.:)

I have a new bun sat in my lounge because of the Rabbits in need section.

When my old rabbit died I decided to locate a rescued rabbit in need and both the main search pages and the forum helped.

I have advertised 3 buns on RIN and two of these were rehomed pretty quickly :)

Am I one of them? :D

If I hadn't seen the Thread about Olive on here I reckon Bob would still be a lone bun.

I would say it certainly doesn't do any harm.......there's a chance I may even adopt another one I saw on here (which will result in me never ever looking again! :lol:).

Am I one of them? :D

If I hadn't seen the Thread about Olive on here I reckon Bob would still be a lone bun.

I would say it certainly doesn't do any harm.......there's a chance I may even adopt another one I saw on here (which will result in me never ever looking again! :lol:).

Yes you are :D:D I was going to add that the two buns found absolutely amazing homes, Olive with you and Max with Fran :D:D

When I was new to the forum I spotted Dutchie in there and fell in love :love: this put me in touch with FatFluffs which resulted in me having Albert rexy roo too

Over the years we have homed a lot through this forum..sadly it seems to have slowed alot lately:?

I wonder why? Maybe a lot of regular forum members have had buns from RIN and are now full? It would be interesting to know whether the influx of new members has increased or decreased over the years

Its good to hear rehomes made from there :)

Its a shame less are being adopted through there now, than in the past.

Just want to add that I didn't ask because I think there is any 'harm' in the forum, or even anything remotely negative about that forum or the sub forum. I was asking because I was trying to work out whether it was worth discussing it with my RSPCA or not. Nothing negative at all.

Its good to hear rehomes made from there :)

Its a shame less are being adopted through there now, than in the past.

Just want to add that I didn't ask because I think there is any 'harm' in the forum, or even anything remotely negative about that forum or the sub forum. I was asking because I was trying to work out whether it was worth discussing it with my RSPCA or not. Nothing negative at all.

I think thats a good idea actually! :thumb:

I think thats a good idea actually! :thumb:

I have mentioned it before but it got put on the 'to do' list pile so never got any further :roll:

The problem is is that they want any owner to come and meet the bunny first, etc, so they have to be within striking distance. Unless its exceptional circumstances. Which is different from most threads there and how most rescues rehome.

Back