• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and hens

paul_f

New Kit
We have 2 bunnies and 3 ex battery hens.

Last night I didn't secure the pen properly, so when the hens got up (they push open the door of their eglu when it is light outside) they escaped into the garden.
When my wife got up she thought it was strange they weren't up yet, went outside and then found them running around the garden! They seem to have had a lot of fun, but have left poos all over the grass

I have picked up all the poo, but is it safe for the bunnies to be let outside onto the grass - as there will remnants of it still there?

Thanks
Paul

I don't think it would actually do them any harm but I'm no expert. Bunnies are pretty smart and will not usually eat any contaminated grass (they steer well clear of any dog poops on my lawn if I've missed one). However, I'd be tempted to hose the lawn down first I think, just to make sure the grass is clear of anything icky!

Back