• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP! Still fur pulling almost a month later!?

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Hello :wave:
Spudsey and Black Bunny have been living together for almost a month and Spudsey is still chasing BB and pulling out his fur :( It isn't constant, Spudsey has been licking his head now and again though I haven't seen him licking her. They don't really seem to sit with each other much either :( BB is quite a young rabbit and seems quite wary of Spudsey (my fiesty wildie :D) and goes up to her now and again and then runs off, and quite often he will just move out of her way whenever she goes up to him.
I think spudsey is very frustrated about being cooped up in a small run, there is absolutely no room to hop about and binky :( The new hutch and run is almost complete, but the very hot weather lately has put it on hold as its just to hot to work on it. Hoping it will be done by the weekend.
Which means they will have a lot more space which when bonding is probably not the best but I thought they would have been friends by now! I am very reluctant to keep them in this small run if the new one is going to be ready.
Any advice? Poor BB is going to be bald soon :(

I think the sooner they are in their new run the better, it's cooled off a bit today but apparently it's going to get hotter again from tomorrow so if you've got time i'd try and get it done tonight. :)

I'm no expert on rabbit bonding but i think as long as it's not full on fightin then things are going ok. Have you tried putting some mashed banana behind their ears to encourage them grooming each other? Or taking them for a car ride in a box - with someone on standby to separate if needs be?

They don't always sit together so don't worry about that. :wave:

I think the sooner they are in their new run the better, it's cooled off a bit today but apparently it's going to get hotter again from tomorrow so if you've got time i'd try and get it done tonight. :)

I'm no expert on rabbit bonding but i think as long as it's not full on fightin then things are going ok. Have you tried putting some mashed banana behind their ears to encourage them grooming each other? Or taking them for a car ride in a box - with someone on standby to separate if needs be?

They don't always sit together so don't worry about that. :wave:

Hiya :wave:
I'd forgotten about the mashed banana trick, not sure if I'll manage to get any on spudsey (she doesn't stay still for long) but could try some on BB. And perhaps I'll take them out in the car before I put them in their new run. They have been out before but that was when I first put them together.

Sorry for bumping but hoping some of the more experienced bonders might come on and give me some advice :oops: as well as the advice I got from paulinejoe:wave:

i wondered this too, when sebastian humps maes head :roll: he pulls mouth fulls of fur out frm her bum/back, theyve been bonded for a month now too. sorry to hijack!

I think a bigger run will calm things at this point, Teddy has stopped going for Dreamer now he has more exercise space and has free range time, he gets very frustrated.

I think a bigger run will calm things at this point, Teddy has stopped going for Dreamer now he has more exercise space and has free range time, he gets very frustrated.

Thank you! O/h is going to put a lid on the run tomorrow so I can hopefully move them when I get home from work :D Neither rabbit can hop about so it must be incredibly boring for them both and like you say frustrating.

Bunnies have been in new run since Saturday :) Spudsey STILL chasing BB :( Noticed that BB has some nip marks on his back end where she has tugged at his fur :( they certainly are'nt bites but they must be a bit sore bless him. The chasing isn't happening constantly, sometimes they nose rub and Spudsey licks him :) However this certainly isn't looking like a match made in heaven :( He doesn't seem frightened of her but quite often if shes heading his way he just scarpers half the time!

Have tried the banana on back of BB's ears but there is no problem with her licking him its the other way round, but i am at a loss at putting any banana on Spudsey she moves so damn fast its a big issue trying to pick her up let alone put anything on her ears!

Back