• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wow, it's the rabbit police!

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
I just saw a streak of black crossing my garden and realised that Mulberry (Honeybunny) was chasing poor Toadstool. I started putting my shoes on to go out and intervene but then looked again and saw Brock, my little tri-Dutchie from Eastbourne, rugby-tackling Mulberry til she stopped. He didn't fight her, just slowed her down and then moved off. I've seen other rabbits intervene like this before - Toadstool stopped Elf from bullying another bun, and Captain Carrot has done it too. Are my buns weird, or is this normal colony behaviour? You can see how in the wild it would work really well to stabilise things and keep them running harmoniously, but it's odd watching it with domestic buns...

ETA Mulberry is now in her hutch aka the norty step, having some time-out... :shock:

Last edited:
I've never seen this, ahving only two pairs of bonded buns that never meet - but it does make sense that there would be some kind of peace-keeping role within a wildie colony and that instinct would transfer into domesticated rabbits.

Your bunnies show that whilst we believe these bunnies to be domesticated, they still have their instincts and given the chance, they can be honed far more than we probably ever appreciated.

Letter from my solicitor is on it's way to you.
I cannot stand by and let you publicly slander a Honeybunny.
Poor little Mulberry being blamed for such a thing as bullying:shock:
I'm sure she just thought Toadstool was up for a game of kisschase..not her fault he's a wuss.

:lol::lol:

Letter from my solicitor is on it's way to you.
I cannot stand by and let you publicly slander a Honeybunny.
Poor little Mulberry being blamed for such a thing as bullying:shock:
I'm sure she just thought Toadstool was up for a game of kisschase..not her fault he's a wuss.

:lol::lol:

Ooops! :oops:

Well she did chase him about three times across the whole width of the garden, and IN FULL VIEW OF HER PARTNER, so it was either bullying or inciting jealousy! She was forgiven and allowed out for a little run before bedtime, though. She certainly is a character! :love:

Toadstool says: I iz not a wuss but the scary black bunny kept runnings towards me so I hid in my hutch but I iz still not a wuss

PS I think Brock deserves a medal for bravery....

Apricot Le Bunbun has often stepped in to defuse tensions between his girls, chasing away the aggressor. I call him my riot policebun :love:

Back