• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Katie- more problems.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Today Mike beavered away to get a small run sorted out for Katie, so she could go outside, so it was a bit cooler for her. She had a very messy bum last night, so I cleaned it best I could then- very soft stuff. I had a look at her bum, just before we put her out and she had a dry clump near her private parts, as I was trying to tease it off her skin tore! It was about an inch long, I felt awful, although she wasn't too bothered. I called the vet and rushed her in, he wasn't worried about it at all, but glued the skin together and we just need to keep an eye on it. She is fine, and although her eyes did swell up during the gluing, she returned to normal very quickly.
I am so annoyed, it has never happened to me before and we had been getting on so well with her handling- I just hope this hasn't cause an major setbacks.:(

Aww, poor bunny and poor you! It's horrid when your best intentions go wrong. :( It's not your fault though and she's fine, so don't beat yourself up. I hope she enjys her new run! :)

Back