• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone house their pairs side by side..

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Mittens and Charlie are ready to go into the shed now - they are in love and Mittens has been piling on the pounds :lol:

I have to half my shed but will they be ok seeing each other or should I block it off totally - is it likely to make Charlie pine for Sooty again?

I know about referred aggression - but as they have all lived together before I thought this may not be an issue..

So do any of your pairs live side by side ok??

Last edited:
Mine share an aviary - I tried it with a mesh division but Blackie & Dandy kept trying to go for each other, so the bottom 3 feet got boarded in. Their hutches are facing each other on the far sides of the aviary, so when they're on the top floors thay can see each other, which they like, but it's got enough distance that they're not a threat to each other.

hmmm so now calm has been restored its probably best to block everything off!! I was just trying to be lazy :lol: The last thing I want is one of my pairs to fall out.
Travis perkins tomorrow then...

My hutch bunnies and playhouse bunnies can see each other when they're in their runs but there's a three foot gap between them. They don't seem to mind that but Barley is a bit of a nitwit and if any bunnies get closer he does sometimes start chasing Cloud (Not badly - no biting, but luckily Cloud learnt pretty quickly that if the other buns are free ranging, she's better off having a nap in her dog basket out of the way! :lol:

I housed my pairs next to eachother and my trio with Teddy next to them eventually no problem, i think as long as you keep an eye on them and they are used to living next to eachothers its fine, they have their own territories.

I housed Angel and Blake one one side on a big shed, with Dude and Poppy on the other side. Things were never quite settled, and there was always one bun intent on getting over to the other side when I opened the middle door! :roll:

I ended up separating them and things are good now.

(although it's Dude and Bella then Blake on his own for now, as Angel and Poppy have both left me :cry:)

Back