• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new Piggies, no names as yet.

bubz_79

Warren Scout
Ok here are my new piggies, none of them have any names yet and I think I will leave the naming of the original 3 for when my boys come home from their holiday with their Dad.

Here are the 3 I was orginally giving a forever home to. The dark one is Dad (now neutered), then the second pic is Mum and daughter. I do like the names Duke and Duchess for the Mum and Dad, what do you think though?

Dad
013.jpg

Mum
014.jpg

Daughter
012.jpg

And here are some of the 2 girls I have in my indoor maternity ward lol (these are the 2 that I found in a cardboard box in my garden on Monday. Again they have no names yet. Any suggestions?

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Awwwww they're all very sweet :love:....... and lucky little things with all that veg.

As for names ....hhhmmm .... nothing's springing to mind....I'll have a think about it tho.

xx

Awww they're gorgeous! :love:

Lol no idea with names - I always have trouble with them myself!

Just a quick point though (I have piggies myself!) - red pepper is quite sugary and so is carrot so I'd limit those and wouldn't feed such large amounts. Carrots especially are a 'treat food'. Green pepper is the best to feed as it's low in sugars and high in Vitamin C.

Also; pellets should be limited as with bunnies - mine get an eggcup full a day - no more than that. Otherwise they will fill up on pellets and won't eat enough hay. Mine do get veggies twice a day though. :)

Hope you don't mind me mentioning these things! :oops:

If you have any questions please ask though x

I wish someone would leave pigs outside my front door :love:

Ooh, a florist bearing a bouquet of pigs.... :love:

Umm I think the easiest way of naming is to bring them all up to liverpool and I'll keep them and name them for you.

I like the names Duke & Duchess, they're lovely names for lovely piggies. You need something to match for the daughter.....how about Lady? Or Dame Piggy :lol: (don't worry, everyone thinks I suggest odd names.....:oops:)

LOL no I like the suggestion. One of mums friends said why not name them all after different herbs, then they can be a 'herd of herbs' lol

LOL no I like the suggestion. One of mums friends said why not name them all after different herbs, then they can be a 'herd of herbs' lol

I always thought 'Dandelion and Clover' would make nice piggy names.... I also wanted a pair of tri-coloured smooth furred sows..... so how I ended up with two white PEW rexy boys called Tommy and Ronnie I'll never know! :lol:

No regrets though. :)

I always thought 'Dandelion and Clover' would make nice piggy names.... I also wanted a pair of tri-coloured smooth furred sows..... so how I ended up with two white PEW rexy boys called Tommy and Ronnie I'll never know! :lol:

No regrets though. :)

Dandelion and Clover are on the list :)

Don't forget I do have babies on the way too ;)

The pictures don't show up on my screen so I can only suggest names by guessing. How about Dad-Clover Mum-Petal Daughter-Dandelion :wave:

not good, they r sort of weird:oops::oops:

Duke, Duchess and Princess I think!

Sooo, other names...

My pigs are Pheobe, Ruby, Bethany, Maggie-May and Sonny, I like human names for animals.

How about flower names? Poppy, Violet, Daisey, Daffodil, Hyacinth, Rosie, Lilly, Basil, Buttercup, Pansy, Holly, Bryony... I could go on, but I'd bore everyone! I do love flower names!

Yes I really like that :) If I was keeping them as the 3 i would go for it :D but I am liking the idea I had of a 'herd of herbs'. As I have my 2 prgnant girls to add and any girl babies too (hoping it easy to add girls to a herd). So I think Dad will be Basil, and have a list of other herbs but yet to choose yet. I think I might wait till my boys get home and they can help me name them :D

Back