• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit confused... Rabbit pen advice please!

georgie_f

Mama Doe
Hi everyone! :wave:

Does anyone use these types of pen at all?
33746_trixie_freilaufgehege_1.jpg

Thistle, Jess and Brian have my shed to live in and get lots of free range time when I'm home but I thought it'd be nice for them to have access to a bit of the garden when I'm not home too.

Problem is the shed is built on a really uneven bit of land so I can't really use a solid run as there'd be spaces under the edges (it also needs to be easily folded away and stored as my parents won't like it if it's always in the garden). I was thinking perhaps I could get one or two of these pens and arrange them around the door just so they have a bit of outdoor room to scratch about and munch a bit of grass. At the moment, I shut them back in the shed when I go out - I work six hour shifts normally and it seems a shame to have to shut them in. :(

Are these pens quite strong as obviously Thistle is pretty huge and can be a bit of a destructo-bun! :lol:

This is my shed -

Can anyone think of anything I haven't thought of?!

I wouldn't use them for a permanent run where the rabbit isn't supervised as the nets arn't that secure.

Oh. :( I did originally think about getting a wooden run but I think it'd just be too much of a pain to move all the time. I also have to find something that I can kind of arrange around the door being open (I'd put a net/wire screen of some sort over the higer part of the door) but where the grounds uneven, I'm not sure how I'd do it. :oops: I think this is beyond my rubbish DIY skills!

Could you get s collapsable wooden run and then use the above round the sides to block the spaces underneath the sides?

I guess but I was kind of hoping I'd be able to find something really easy to set up. Knowing me, I think I'd be faffing about trying to make sure all the gaps were covered and make myself late for work! :lol:

I have one of these for emergencies if I need to separate a bun from their partners to monitor poos etc. I'm afraid I would not be keen to rely on them if you are going to be out. They're fairly sturdy, but wooden would be better in my opinion. Sorry!

That's ok :) I'd rather have a wooden one myself but I was hoping that one of these wire pens (or something similar) would work ok - Mum isn't too bothered about my rabbit stuff in the garden but she does like things to be tidy and Dad will just moan about the garden looking like a 'shanty town' :roll:

I wonder if I could get a wooden run and put a pretty little picket fence edge around it....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm *puts thinking cap on* :?

Back