• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby's grapefruit obsession

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I eat a lot of grapefruits... my family eats a lot of grapefruit, so Ruby has got used to leaning over on the sofa while I'm eating my grapefruit segments and licking them and pulling bits off.

She loves them SO much that I feel bad if I don't let her have a lick occasionally.

Is this bad for her?

I dont know for definate but I *think* that citrus type fruits are bad for them as they're so acidic. Im sure the odd lick wont harm her though ;)
I know what you mean, whenever I have an apple I get mobbed by my two and theyre so hard to say no to :roll:

Bless her :love:
I'm suuprised she liked it when it must taste quite sharp to her :? :lol:

Last edited:
hmmm... I thought it was a bit too acidic for her... she likes licking it mostly and I worry that it'll give her ulcers on her tongue... she likes acidic stuff though - raspberries, apples, oranges, pineapples.. hmmm.

she mainly licks and then pulls off a few stray bits. You can see that it's an odd texture for her - she doesn't know whether it's a drink or food so she sort of shifts between treating it as solid and then treating it as liquid!

Back