• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Pet insurance...

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
...who does a good deal on pet insurance? I have 4 bunnies to cover, limited income, and Blackie now has a tooth problem so may need regular treatment....

PetPlan do multi-pet discount, and your first four weeks free if you ask. They were helpful when I rang at first, but I had a voicemail when I left work about the name confusion :roll: so will have to ring tomorrow.

Anything related to the tooth problem wouldn't be covered on petplan as you already know about it now :( not sure about other insurance policies.

PetPlan do multi-pet discount, and your first four weeks free if you ask. They were helpful when I rang at first, but I had a voicemail when I left work about the name confusion :roll: so will have to ring tomorrow.

Anything related to the tooth problem wouldn't be covered on petplan as you already know about it now :( not sure about other insurance policies.

But I could cover the other three just in case, couldn't I?

Yeah, if a dental problem was discovered in one of the other three while you were insured, it would be covered. Just nothing you find out before you take out insurance, or in the first two weeks x

Yeah, if a dental problem was discovered in one of the other three while you were insured, it would be covered. Just nothing you find out before you take out insurance, or in the first two weeks x

Just worried in case I end up with 4 dental bunnies needing regular treatment :shock::shock::shock:

Yeah, I only have the girls covered, but that vet bill was £600 :shock: and if you're treating the same problem you only pay excess once, so I would recommend it. I think when I'm on a higher income I'll save the money and just pay the bills as and when, but at the minute pet insurance is best for me

I was quoted £17.50 per month for Ben & Lol by Petplan. They seemed to be the best for me. Must do something about it.

Im with Petplan for Scamp. I actually have a voucher somewhere in the draw for 2 months free, so if you decide to join petplan, drop me a PM and i'll post it to you :wave: xXx

if you apply online you also get an extra discount with petplan

locks is insured with them, i never got rosie done, now i wish i had :shock:

Yes petplan are great, well there's two sides to them really - their admins pants (they managed to put jess' start date in for 3 months earlier than when i'd rang and took 3 payments out of my bank on the same day :shock: and it was nightmare trying to sort it out) but for paying out on claims they were brilliant and i couldn't fault them, they even paid for a one off dnetal as a goodwill gesture

If you are thinking of insuring your buns i really wouldn't put off doing it, i did for a year then finally got round to taking it out in December last year and while he was still in his free month he ran up a bill of just short of £2,000 :shock: i just felt sick at the thought of what may have happened if i hadn't took that insurance out.

if you apply online you also get an extra discount with petplan

locks is insured with them, i never got rosie done, now i wish i had :shock:

:( I couldn't apply online it wouldn't let me.

I just rang them this morning and they reckon they only have a claim for Daphne :roll: even though they went at the same time in the same envelope. and they had no record of me ringing to change the names/genders. So I might not be speaking so highly of them soon :evil:

I just rang them this morning and they reckon they only have a claim for Daphne :roll: even though they went at the same time in the same envelope. and they had no record of me ringing to change the names/genders. So I might not be speaking so highly of them soon :evil:

oh dear :shock: hope you get it all sorted out asap

Im with Petplan for Scamp. I actually have a voucher somewhere in the draw for 2 months free, so if you decide to join petplan, drop me a PM and i'll post it to you :wave: xXx

Did it online at 6am today to make sure I didn't out it off again (I meant to do it a month ago :roll:), but thanks for the offer :wave:

I just wanted to get some debts cleared first before i started it, but now I have even more debts, and Blackie's future dentals won't be covered, but if I end up with 4 mental - oops, meant DENTAL bunnies then at least 3 of them will have some cover, even with the £50 excesses :)

Thanks everyone!

Surely they can get the info on all of that from the vets :?

I'm with PetPlan, it cost £17 ish for Timmy and Pickle when I took it out. When my renewal came up this month I was really annoyed to see they have now put my monthly premiums up to £26 and the excess from £50 to £65! And I hadn't made a claim!:censored:

When I called them they said it was because I'd moved house during the year and the money they have to pay to the government had gone up, blah blah :censored: Not happy, thats a 30% rise!

I'm with PetPlan, it cost £17 ish for Timmy and Pickle when I took it out. When my renewal came up this month I was really annoyed to see they have now put my monthly premiums up to £26 and the excess from £50 to £65! And I hadn't made a claim!:censored:

When I called them they said it was because I'd moved house during the year and the money they have to pay to the government had gone up, blah blah :censored: Not happy, thats a 30% rise!

:shock::shock::shock: will watch out for that when it's time to renew :?

Did it online at 6am today to make sure I didn't out it off again (I meant to do it a month ago :roll:), but thanks for the offer :wave:

I just wanted to get some debts cleared first before i started it, but now I have even more debts, and Blackie's future dentals won't be covered, but if I end up with 4 mental - oops, meant DENTAL bunnies then at least 3 of them will have some cover, even with the £50 excesses :)

Thanks everyone!

Dentals won't be covered by Pet Plan unless it's a dire emergency and the rabbit has stopped eating then they 'might' cover them. There's a thread with a long discussion on this somewhere .... *goes off to look*

:wave:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=211629&highlight=petplan

The same happened to me but they stated my first year was an introductory price offer, they weren't very convincing.

Nope the dentals arent covered :( Scamp is a dental bun, and because he has tooth problems i had to apply via the phone, as apose to online. There ae exclusions on Scamps insurance which include no payment for facial abcesses, tooth related eye problems etc :? We pay £10.90 a month for Scamp x

Back