• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobert Bear!!

Jenefina

Mama Doe
How are you doing beautiful bear? Thought I'd ask you direct cos you're mummeh is terrible for posting updates :roll: I think you need a new publicity manager and would like to volunteer my services :D

Has grumpy Gertie cheered up now you are back together? hope you've both had some nice time in the garden in this lovely weather on your decking.

Hope your mummeh sorts her priorities soon, you should ask for extra treats for RU neglect! sending huuuuuge hugs and nose rubs to you xxx

I think we should get updates at least 3 times a day :D anything less is just mean. Hope you're doing well Bobert I want to see more pictures of your gorgeous face x

:lol: Thanks for pestering me to update you! :lol:

It's been a bit of a rough day. Bobert jumped from my hands and bonked his little bonce on the run, which didn't help me feeling terrible! He's fine, been boinging about, but he's been quite phlegmy sounding today. Due another antibiotic injection tomorrow and another anti inflamitory, so hopefully that will help. He's been chewing a bit too, so I gave him pain killer. He's still spritely, quite annoying because after he hit his head once, he tried to leap again after a few minutes! :roll:

I'm home at one tomorrow (got the afternoon off as work are shutting early for the football) so we've brought the vet appointment forward so I can go and fit in my driving lesson.

Ah so glad you is doing well beautiful bear and fingers crossed your injections make you feel lots better :love:

Hope your little noggin is ok, if your mummy persists with such terrible abuse you know there is always a place here for you :D and to top it off she updates with no pic for me and Nicola to squee at, you get yourself in a taxi hun, I'll pay this end x

:lol::lol::lol:

Gertie would never forgive me! He's probably be grateful though, he's really not that into her at the moment, much to her disgust! :lol:

I'll help Jen look after him don't worry :D We'll have Gertie too

Keeping my fingers crossed that the injections tomorrow help xx

I'll help Jen look after him don't worry :D We'll have Gertie too

Keeping my fingers crossed that the injections tomorrow help xx

:lol: I may be a big worrying ball of mess a lot of the time, but they love their mummy. :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks ladies, I appreciate it. x

Well IF you get your priorities straight and update more AND post pics then I'll tell Bobert to stay put for now I guess ;)

Good luck for tomorrow, let us know how it goes xx

Urgh. I feel rubbish. We're back to square one with his eating. He's had a metaclopramide injection and the antibiotic. My other half syringed him this morning, but we thought it might be best to wait until after the appointment to continue in case he ate something, or it was a blockage or something else. The vet said to syringe him again. Different vet, felt a bit patronised, to be honest. And his little ears went up with one of the shots. We've NEVER made his ears do that by an injection!
Sorry, just a bit down about it now. I got back, then had to go driving (lesson 13 :shock:) and I'm pretty stressed! :cry:

Oh no, when did he stop eating? was so hoping he was on the mend :( has he had pain meds from the vet?

Sending big huge mega vibes xxx

He stopped sometime yesterday afternoon, I think. Of course, you don't know this for sure until you've left it a while to see if they eat anymore! He didn't eat overnight though. :(
We discussed pain medication and we're continuing with aspirin. The last two times he's done this, in December and the recent time, when we switched to aspirin is when he started eating, so we'll stay with it. If could be coincidence, but we need to cling to whatever hope we can find! I'm distraught at him not eating again, I had hoped he was on the mend too, but now I feel like everything is falling apart for him and am I doing the right thing by him? He seems his usual self to a degree, he's not flat out or still or anything, just not eating and I'm sure it's that damn abscess.

I don't understand, you love Bobert so you are trying everything possible to help him, how can that not be the right thing? He doesn't sound like he's given up so please don't doubt yourself hun, lets just see if its a hiccup first and see how he goes after these new injections. Being a black bunny I can't imagine this heat has helped much too, the weather has been all over the place and can be upsetting to our black furries.

Please don't lose hope, I'm normally not far away if you want to pm me and rant/cry/shout/scream. Sending huge vibes and hugs for both of you xxx

I don't understand, you love Bobert so you are trying everything possible to help him, how can that not be the right thing? He doesn't sound like he's given up so please don't doubt yourself hun, lets just see if its a hiccup first and see how he goes after these new injections. Being a black bunny I can't imagine this heat has helped much too, the weather has been all over the place and can be upsetting to our black furries.

Please don't lose hope, I'm normally not far away if you want to pm me and rant/cry/shout/scream. Sending huge vibes and hugs for both of you xxx

I completely agree with this, you are doing everything you can. I know it can be frustrating when it seems like your best isn't good enough xxxxxxxx

:wave:

Got back from the vets at about 8pm. We now have vetergesic, flagyl and more metoclopramide. It looks (and feels) like the abscess is filling up again, but obviously the corvenia won't have kicked in yet from yesterday.
He did eat one blade of grass, willingly though, which at least shows interest and he was so happy to be home he went through his chube twice - that's got to be a good sign of his spirits, right? I mean he could just sit in a corner, but he chose to go through it twice.
We discussed another GA amongst ourselves, but on further discussion, a GA every two weeks is not a good long term plan, so we're continuing with drugs for now.

Thanks so much for supporting me last night, I felt so down about him and I needed the help. xx

Back