• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any volunteers to bond a pair of bunnies!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:roll::roll:

Roxy has been here for months and because of one health problem after another we have had to postpone her bonding so many times.

Anyway today I decided that she has been doing really well for the past few weeks so would start bonding her to Geoff, who has been alone since September last year.

Lets just say it didn't go well. Poor old Geoff lost rather a lot of fur, although it didn't get far enough to break his skin as far as I could see :? She was continually launching at him :( Geoff kept running away but ran so far that he would run back into her and then they would scrap if they got the chance. Geoff isn;t the sort of bunny who wants to fight but if a bunny starts on him he will fight back.

After 45 minutes I had to call it a day for now. They are both big strong bunnies and I am really struggling with them as my wrists are really sore and weak at the moment ( don't know why ) I seperated them nearly 2 hours ago and my wrists are still throbbing.

I haven't given up and will try again when it is cooler and I hurt less. I think if Roxy can learn to leave him alone he will be OK with her. I really hope so as we have bought them a new hutch and the wood to completely rebuild Geoffs run :(

I really want it to work out as Roxy is still stuck in temporary accommodation and she would have a great space if she would accept Geoff :?

A mardy Rex Doe, how unusual ..............not !! :lol:

Hopefully it'll work out in the end xx

Thats what I was thinking :lol: The only time she stopped attacking was when she was eating - typical Rex;)

She has a list of health problems as long as your arm but she is a big strong girl.

Did I just here you volunteer to do the bonding, what with all your rex experience.............................................??? ;) :lol::lol:

Thats what I was thinking :lol: The only time she stopped attacking was when she was eating - typical Rex;)

She has a list of health problems as long as your arm but she is a big strong girl.

Did I just here you volunteer to do the bonding, what with all your rex experience.............................................??? ;) :lol::lol:

*Gulps*.................. :shock:

I think I'll pass on that one !!

Roxy, you really shouldnt be nasty to Geoff :no::no: I can only imagine what shes being like :lol: Hopefully it will all work out of in the end, will keep my paws crossed! So glad shes been on for a few weeks, thats fab news! x

awwwwwwwwwww id love to have a go a bonding, likes a challenge me, as jane says a mardy rex never like having a mardy dutch doe :lol::lol:

stress free vibes for you

Thanks for the bonding vibes

TBH I would happily pay someone to bond them :lol:

I've been thinking that if it doesn't work out I might try Geoff with Betsey, it would involve swapping round loads of bunnies with their accommodation but may work out well in the end.

Then I could possibly try Dexter with Roxy in the future as I don;t think Mrs Brown will be around for a long time :?

Why do bunnies never go along with your well thought out plans :roll::lol::lol:

Liz ive only just seen this if someone could bring them to me when the boarding room is empty (no boarders in obviously) i would be happy to do it for you. xx

Thanks for the bonding vibes

TBH I would happily pay someone to bond them :lol:

I've been thinking that if it doesn't work out I might try Geoff with Betsey, it would involve swapping round loads of bunnies with their accommodation but may work out well in the end.

Then I could possibly try Dexter with Roxy in the future as I don;t think Mrs Brown will be around for a long time :?

Why do bunnies never go along with your well thought out plans :roll::lol::lol:

How is little Betsey!?!?!

Back