• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Bun Behaviour

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
I have Frank and Petal in the house, and they live in my bedroom. Petal was naughty until she was spayed and then calmed down. Just lately her behaviour has reverted back and worsened and she's like a spoiled brat.

She constantly jumps on me in bed and has started growling and going to nip when I move her off. There are times I can wake up and she's literally in my face!

She has decided to dig in at my quilt and has chewed the duvet cover, sheet and pillow cases (in effect, she has ruined a bed set).

Any ideas as to why she has deteriorated as far as her behaviour is concerned?

I am moving them outside into a shed with a catflap and attached run, but she's a proper little madam!

Is she confined to your room all the time? How long has it been since her spay?

Mini is always jumping on my bed. They all do apart from Smudge but none of them dig and eat the covers. It sounds like she is getting territorial over it and considering it HER space and not yours. Do they have their own area?

Is she confined to your room all the time? How long has it been since her spay?

Mini is always jumping on my bed. They all do apart from Smudge but none of them dig and eat the covers. It sounds like she is getting territorial over it and considering it HER space and not yours. Do they have their own area?

They are in the room most of the time. It's been a few months since her spay. When I come into the room, she'll be on the bed and then jump off. Frank doesn't go on the bed.

They free range in the room and have an area with 2 litter trays and their food and water bowls.

I've just ordered a run to attach to the shed so I can move them outside, which should be interesting!

I would suggest it is because she has to share what she considers now to be 'her' space with you, and her behaviour is the classic territorial response to this. I think giving them their own space outside which you do not live in as well should make all the difference to her. :)

Best move them outside before a certain new gentleman pays a visit. not sure he'd appreciate getting his bits bit at an intimate moment;):lol:.. I had a dog that did that once, (well worse than that actually) and I never saw the guy again:lol:

I would suggest it is because she has to share what she considers now to be 'her' space with you, and her behaviour is the classic territorial response to this. I think giving them their own space outside which you do not live in as well should make all the difference to her. :)

Bring it on!! ;)

Best move them outside before a certain new gentleman pays a visit. not sure he'd appreciate getting his bits bit at an intimate moment;):lol:.. I had a dog that did that once, (well worse than that actually) and I never saw the guy again:lol:

Hah hah!! I told him he isn't seeing my room until the little devils are living outdoors. As well litter trained as they, there is still loads of hay all over the place lol.

I could see Petal jumping onto the bed to see what's going on ;)

Back