• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No bunny, you wouldn't like the shower

rosiebunny

Mama Doe
So I was in the shower this morning all *lalala* soaping me pits and what not, and I look down and see the Keith is staring at me by the side of the bath.
So I say Hi Keith! and he gets a bit excitable and runs around a bit and comes back and looks at me, so I flick some water on his bum (with my fingers, I didn't turn the shower at him) and he like binkied to the hall way, came back, wiggled his tail at me, then turned around and looked up to me again. We did it several times, I think he enjoyed it cos he kept on coming back (the door was open so he had access to the entire house inc. all his "safe spots"), but does the tail waggling mean different?
He normally stamps his foot when he isn't happy, and theres a cupboard in the bathroom that he normally hangs out in, so I assume he quite liked the game? And he did literally binky out the bathroom each time...

differance between shower and a bath, wouldnt be surprised if he joined in the shower alot of buns like rain :lol:

Lol! I read on here earlier (cant remember where now) that their bun likes water being dripped on his nose! :lol:

Mad bunnies! :love:

he did jump in the bath once :shock: while I was in it :shock: and swum but looked intensely shocked so I grabbed him and put him out and he ran off into the corner. I had to get out of my lovely bath to dry him off!
So I thought he might not like the water after that, but then again he does keep on acting like he's about to do it again...

I know I should prob. shut him out of the bathroom but he'll just scratch on the door to be let in, and generally he either sits in the cupboard while I bathe/shower or lie next to the bath. If I'm on the loo he circles my feet :oops:

Haha, yep, it's my bunny that loves the drop of water on her nose. She's mad :)

Well it sounds like your bunny might like the shower then! I think that's quite unusual...But he wouldn't have kept coming back if he didn't like it, lol

i had 2 foster buns who actually loved to lick the OUTSIDE of the water bottle if they got wet by the rain

Ted jumped in the bath with Ol......twice!! :shock: :lol::lol::lol: He also jumped into the loo once, and I can't count the times he ended up in the sink, not wanting to jump down! :shock:

I have to shut mine out of the bathroom. Our cleaning stuff is at a level they could reach. :(

Ted jumped in the bath with Ol......twice!! :shock: :lol::lol::lol: He also jumped into the loo once, and I can't count the times he ended up in the sink, not wanting to jump down! :shock:

:lol: Silly bunny ending up in the toilet!

I thought it was funny when Blue fell in a bucket of water he'd been drinking out of - but that's hilarious

Keith sounds like quite the character. Sounds like he loves being with you no mater where you are or what you are doing. What a playful bunny. Julie follows me around the house but I do my best to keep her out of the bathroom because there is no telling what she will get into. I was filling a water bottle from the water maker on the frig. Julie was on my feet. She all of a sudden stood up and started scratching my bare legs. I jerked and the water missed the bottle and squirted out on Julie's head. It took me a couple seconds for me to realize what was happening. Julie didn't move. She was soaking wet. I have seen her dip her paws in her water bowl while washing her face. She is constantly running through her water bowl and I have even caught her sitting in her water bowl. But heaven for bid if I try to give her a bum bath. I find it strange because she seems to enjoy getting wet if she causes it to happen herself. She also sometimes drinks like a dog with her whole face in the water. She comes up with water dripping off her. My Bun Buns jumped in the toilet once but that was not on purpose. He was also trying to jump a creek once and fell in. He wasn't bothered by getting wet though.

Last edited:
if the tail's moving fast from side to side its supposed to mean 'i'm cross!' - tabby does it when matthew really annoys her. but it doesn't sound as if keith could have meant that. perhaps he was just enjoying a shower with you. :D he might like seeing so much skin - when i cuddle m+t they move my tshirt aside so they can snuggle down on real skin rather than clothes!

That's really very cute. Vin got used to 'paddles', we were having constant bum baths so it was much less stressful to put a towel in the bottom of the shower (no bath) and let a bit of water build up, she hopped about in it and got herself clean. :D Seems some like it if it's on their own terms.

She is constantly running through her water bowl and I have even caught her sitting in her water bowl. But heaven for bid if I try to give her a bum bath. I find it strange because she seems to enjoy getting wet if she causes it to happen herself.

Smudge gets in the water bowl, then gets out and flicks his feet as if to say 'who got my feet wet?!' :roll:

Aaaw I reckon teddy and keith would have along, but at the same time give each other ideas for mischief!

keith was avoiding me last night :shock: but was then ready for attention once I was going to bed :roll: and this morning when I was leaving for work he wanted major head rubs :roll:

Back