• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amber- coping without her

Amy & Amber

Staff member
Every time I think I am over the worse something sets me off again, I am just filled with pure guilt.

I can't describe it, and no one seems to understand that I am paranoid about Noel now. I spend hours sitting in the garden with him.

And how am I to enjoy my wedding day when my best friend isn't about?
I have been really strong but it's finally hit me and I guess my hormones are still all over the place after Ava?

It helps to let it out- to bunny people

Awww :(
I dont know Ambers story but I know how devastating it is to lose a beloved bun as I lost my best friend Tilly in January :cry:
All I can say is that it will get easier and you will learn to accept it with time.
Thinking of you and sending virtual hugs xxxxxxxxxxxx

awwww Amy you have nothing to feel guilty about xxxxx

i cant pretend the day you have waited and planned for will be as great as it could of been but i think it also wont be as bad as you fear. you are allowed to be happy even after such a shocking loss. ive found myself up and down for the last few months and i dont even have the hormones of a recent birth or the stress of a wedding, look after yourself sweety and if you want to sit with Noel then do it, dont feel bad about it... grief is awful but unless you let it envelope you itll never go away. cry when you need to and laugh when you can.

i really hope you can find a way to enjoy your wedding because youve been waiting for it for so long, maybe carry a little pic of her with you on the day.. then shes there with you xxxxx

(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))................ :cry:

Amber will remain with you, just as my Jack is with me every single day. I could never cope if I did not believe that.

xxxx

I sypathise and relate (to an extent) especially about the paranoia. I am forever checking Womble and even if she retreats to her little tent I find myself checking it. Just get a look of 'will you leave me alone for one minute!!'

Hugs

Amy, I was heartbroken to hear about Amber.
Please don't feel guilty, Amber wouldn't want you to.
I couldn't move on from Scarlett due to the pure guilt I felt, and as time goes by and I miss her more and more.
I went to a psychic :oops: and she spoke about Scarlett. She told me about how things are spinning around in my head, the what if's etc. and she told me that it was destroying me. She told me that Scarlett was with me wherever I went and looked after the other bunnies (which she most DEFFINITELY has). She's my little guardian angel and will be at my side wherever I go.
I dearly love her and miss her, and I'm crying now, but I think we have to come to the point where we realise that we can not turn back time.
No one will ever 'get over' a loss, but learn to move on.
She'll never be forgotten, and she'll always be looked after. Amber KNEW you loved her and looked after her, and believe me, she'll find ways to pay you back the favour.
((HUGS)) xxxxxxxxxxx

I am lucky to have not yet experienced losing my best pal.. but I can see why you feel the way you do.. I think imagining her watching over you from the bridge on the day will help.. and a picture is a lovely idea.

Its really hard sometimes cos some people just don't get the bonds that we have with our furries.:cry:

Awwh Amy :( Amber wouldnt want you to feel guilty and upset :( Chin up hunni, your a fab bunny mummy (((hugs)))

Back