• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding in progsess. Rupert and June

rabbitapril

Mama Doe
I built a run with puppy panels in the front garden where neither have them been before, i put few of my parsley plants and those little plastic stools that everyone seems to have for their bunnys:lol: and a big brolly for shade.
Then i added the bunnies:shock:
Its now four hours into bonding, the heat has made them have to rest, i have waterd the grass in places so it is cool in the shade for them.
Rupert was the "chaser" at first then june tried to defend herself so there was a lot of leaping in the air and trying to stamp on each other:?
There hasnt actually been any "in a ball" fighting and not much fur pulled out except for the bits Rupert managed to pull out of her bum
I am cautiously pleased with how its going so far.:)

They have been together ten hours now.:)
Its that time of day now when they really wake up. June is keen to approach Rupert but she is greeted with flattend ears and a nip. They are only two feet apart but Rupert wont have her next to him. He occasionaly chases her on a full circuit of the run but thats the worst it been for a long time.:)
The problem is they cant stay out here over night, and as they are not yet bonded enough to leave together i will have to put June in a hutch in Ruperts' shed so they can still have contact and not fight.

this little man???

Rupert2.jpg

:shock: but he's too gorgeous to be naughty and fur pull, surely you have the wrong bunny April!!

Hee HEE fancy seeing Ruperts face appear like that, I thought thats a good looking bunny:lol:
Sweet little June is having a breather, she loves to binky, but binkys even faster when she realises she has landed right next to him. Thanks for the photo Jenefina that has made my day.
Now all i need is to see my bunnies sit together

Back