• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paws in for Neutering today!

You should definitely keep him in overnight tonight as he won't be able to regulate his body temperature.

However, if he seems well in himself and is eating and pooing really well etc, then he should be ok to go back outside (just keep him to one level if he has a run with ramp etc so he doesn't over-exert himself.) If you have any doubts, then keep him inside for longer.

I hope it goes well. :love:

Aww bless im glad it all went well. speedy recovery to little paws, my 2 were neutered 3 weeks tommorrow :shock: xxxxxxxxx

Thankyou Tinsel- he started eating carrot now, hope this is okay, didn't seem to keen on the pellets to eat first. I also put some cucumber down for him, but he hasn't touched that. I haven't seen him drink but i think the vibes must be working as he seems happy in himself, not lethagic from the anesthetic, maybe just abit disoriantated as he isn't normally a house bunny.

That's good Grace65, hope yours are doing okay now. Was that two bucks or does?

:wave: i had both my boy and girl done at the same time :) xxxxxxxx

Thankyou :) No poops yet or wee. Should i be concerned yet or just hope for the best in the morning- at what stage should i worry. How many hours in. My lot poop all the time normally 24/7.

Ah okay that's good. I take it they are not together yet? Is it a month until they go back or is two weeks adequete enough? There seems to be mixed views.

Yes mine are now both together as of sunday just gone :) hopefully all will be well they seem to be getting on ok together anyway.xxx

Yes mine are now both together as of sunday just gone :) hopefully all will be well they seem to be getting on ok together anyway.xxx

Gracie didnt poo for about 24 hours so i took her back to the vets as an emergency because she wasnt eating much either, they gave her another lot of antibiotic and another gut stimulant which worked wonders, obviously if they arent eating they wont be pooing either. xxxxxx

Thanks Grace65,

Did you get antibiotics for your buck also, or just your doe? I didn't get anything again. They did give pain killers for the operation obviously, but no aftercare. Although this time, they did offer a follow up consultation. I didn't get any pain killers either.

Starting to worry my vets are not that savvy as what other people go to on here.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Ambience x

No i actually came home with nothing!
both had long lasting pain relief, gut stimulants and antibiotics on the day of neuter, that was on the weds, by fri afternoon i was worried grace wasnt eating enough, anyway i tried to syringe feed her and she got upset so i went back to the vets fri and the vet gave her more antibiotic and gut stimulant and bingo! she started eating and pooing

Charlie had his done the same time and started pooing and eating late thursday he was fine no problem with him.
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Try not to worry too much, offer him what he likes herbs anything, charlie didnt eat or poo until thursday later on, if he hasnt eaten or pooed by tommorrow morning take him back, both mine were given a 2 day painkiller which took them both to friday, charlie was fine by thurs afternoon and started eating well it was grace that wasnt eating or pooing thats why i took her back.

thing is its a huge op for a little girl i didnt want to risk her going into statis.

your little lad should be a lot more livelier by tommorrow morning and eating a lot more and of course pooing, if not ring your vets tommorrow morning if you arent happy, you can always get advice or you can take him in. xxxxxxx

Thanks ever so much for all your advice. Each time i'm neutering it's quite nerve-racking. I guess it's something i ought to get used to as my 3 oldest girls are going in next, then my 3 youngest group of girls.

I will give him some parsley, see how he feels about that. My adonia ate an entire plant yesterday, she loves it :) don't think she could have got any closer to the bottom of the soil in the pot !

Thankyou again,
Ambience x

Aww bless,
please dont panic, you know your gut feelings you can always ring them tommorrow and ask for help, i was a nervous wreck over my two, but i assure you it wasnt until the next day that charlie was eating drinking or pooing, just dont leave it too long keep offering food, charlie didnt touch pellets until friday but did eat lots of herbs and things like that.
dont forget surgery is bound to upset them for a day or so. xxxxxxxxx

I didnt use anything except a thick layer of paper, then a thick fleece and on top i put puppy pads so they could wee without laying on the wet, i just put a small bowl of hay to nibble on in the corner but not to lay on it can make them sore.

puppy pads were the best thing i ever bought! xxxxxxxxx

Back