• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering and Behaviour

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Hiya

Just wondering, in what way does neutering change a bunnies behaviour?? I've read that it can make them more laid back - is this right?

I think if Rascal got any more laid back he'd be permanently asleep! lol

Dizzi is really inquisitive and into everything ..... will it stop her being like this?

I'm not for a second considering NOT having them neutered, I just wondered what to expect afterwards, that's all.

Off to the vets tonight for their second lot of vaccs and to check if Dizzi really is a girl.

Jo x

Our male certainly got more laid back - he stopped humping everything and spraying (such a bonus!)- infact he dosent bother at all if one of his sisters tries now! He is very lazy anyway (unless food is involved, then hes fast as a rocket ;) ) so im not sure if that was affected.

The girls I noticed aquired better litter training habits, and they stopped pestering their brother so much, as well as less little 'niggles' or squabbles. They still do occasionally, but its more of a pecking order thing.

as above my boys are still soppy blighters just without the constant humping and spraying :lol:

my girls, they still have there moments but are pretty much alot cleaner,

Not got to the spraying/humping stage with him yet (he'll be 12 weeks old on Friday) but Dizzi kept trying to hump him .... which is what caused their fight so wondering if Dizzi is, in fact, a boy!!

Do they seem to like getting fussed more when they're neutered ..... my two are too busy faffing to be fussed - mind, could just be an age thing that!

Back