• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please Help, Major Help Needed.

tabbybear

New Kit
I am rescueing a male rabbit who is not neuatured (from an old friend who needs someone to desperatly take care of him) , I am getting him neutrued in the next month or so depending on what I can afford.

I already have a male rabbit who is neatured, Triston. <3 Who was brought to my from a shelter about 2 weeks ago. he is opening up well and bonding with me nicely. :)

But now here comes the real question, can my boy and this new boy bond together? Of course after two weeks prior to him being nuetured.. but wait.. does he even have to be neutured or will that indeed cause a fight among the two males that one has not been nautred and one is neautered?

I need some major advice.

The lady who is giveing me her rabbit is in desperation and my mother already said that it would be fine if we take in the other rabbit, they would be placed on opposite sides of the room in diffrent cages and have diffrent play time scheduales and alternate free run at night. (my rabbit has free run of my room all day and night)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME, PLEASE TELL ME THEY CAN BOND.

I also need to know if him not being nueutred is going to be a problem for him in the bonding proccess, if it is I wil most definatly get him neutured. :)

If you are going to try bonding them then both of them must be neutered.

A boy/boy bond can be a bit more difficult than a girl/boy, but it will depend on the individual bunnies.

Just make sure that when you try to bond them that the area is TOTALLY neutral (so somewhere where ytour existing bun hasn't been before that holds his scent) and that you take it cautiously.

Two males can bond once neutered but does really depend on the personalities. I have two males together and they are inseparable.

Please do not try to bond an unneutered male to another male, they will probably kill each other.

There is a chance they might bond once the second male has been neutered but you need to wait several weeks for hormones to die down. It will be a much harder bond than a neutered male/female bond but not necessarily impossible. However i would be prepared for it not to work out and have a bcak up plan.

Good luck

Well I am deteriminded to make this work even if takes years. Both rabbits are very mellow and nice, and Triston (my current rabbit) gets along well with people and other animals such as my dog and puppy.

I have two males who share a hutch very happily together, and one is actually quite feisty, so it can work. I think it's important you keep them right away from each other until new bunster's hormones have died down, as if they take a dislike to each other initially it will be hard for them to overcome it. Taking them for a car journey together in a neutral contained is a good starting point, once the time is right. You'll need someone sitting with them to separate them if necessary though...

Do hope it works out :wave:

Back