• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis episode last night!!!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Got home yesterday went to feed fudge and she didnt eat a thing, Gave her high dose of metacam i went to check on her and she just wasnt herself. Her ears were freezing and she was limp. I tried to give her some zantac to get her guts moving and she refused!!!

Fudge NEVER refuses her meds even when she is ill. I had t hold her and give her the zantac. She didnt put up a fight at all :(

I sat and watched her for what felt like hours giving her blankets to keep warm, i really thought she was passing away.

I then remembered about the heat pad i have for her so i went ad heat it up and put it infront of her and put her front paw on it. When she realised it was warm she pulled herself on and sat for ages. Then all of a sudden she went to her food bowl and started nibbling :D

She perked up within half an hour and ate all her food, i really thought it was the end for my girl but i think she was testing me :roll:

She is much better now though :love:

P.S I was giving her an hour for the meds to work before i phoned the vet. I wouldnt have left her to die, i was ready to phone the vet if nothing worked!

really glad shes ok :D:D:D:D

P.S I was giving her an hour for the meds to work before i phoned the vet. I wouldnt have left her to die, i was ready to phone the vet if nothing worked!

my vet has banned me from panicing before 12hours on meds :oops::oops: she said i should make an afternoon appointment and cancel if i dont need it anylonger, im to give the drugs time to work :D

Back