• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hair regrowth after a spay

maxxev

Mama Doe
how long did it take?
obviously they shave the area but Inara was spayed at the beginning of march and her stomach is still almost completely bald:?

she also picked her stitches open resulting in the vet glueing her back together. she then peeled of the glue and the skin it was stuck to. in this patch (where she peeled of the skin) the fur has regown and is as it was before the spay but with a bald patch surround it where she was shaved:?

when Kyi was spayed the fur regrew in a matter of weeks...inaras still bald after nearly 4 months. has anyone else had anything similar?

Both mine have grown back really quickly. Lilly took about a week to two and Dex was only done Friday and her's is comming already. I know this isn't too helpful but gives you an idea of how long some rabbits have taken. :?

I had the exact same thing. Tinkerbell and Sooty were spayed within a week of each other. Tinkerbell's fur started to grow back after about 3 weeks but Sooty's took about 6 months!

Mine had a part of their ear shaved and eli's is growing back 2 weeks later whereas rambo was done months ago and hers is only just starting to grow back.

im glad it isn't just 'nara then. shes seemed well apart from the bald tummy but i was starting to worry.
Inaras a rex, does breed seem to effect the rate of regrowth?

Back