• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby UD Good news at the vets

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
I am a bit worried about her today she is eating but I have found a few cowpat type poops, and she seems to have gone off hay, she has always been a good hay eater. :cry: Ian is going to be back home in the next hour to give me an update or take her to the vet.:cry: She ate her pellets and her veg with gusto, but she usually eats her hay when put out straight after.. she keeps sniffing it but doesn't seem interested. I hope I am worrying over nothing and she is just a bit hot and bothered.. she was flopped out next to a frozen water bottle when I left this morning

Last edited:
Oh no not Bobby :(
Maybe shes just abit hot hun, the summer can be such a rought time for them :roll:
Sending her and you looooooooads of vibes and hugs, let us know what Ian says after hes seen her.
Try not to worry yourself too much just yet :love::love:

I am hoping she may be just a bit grumpy with the heat, but she was eating pellets and veg so came to work.. if anything is wrong with her I will just feel awful, but my work are very strict on time off:cry::evil:

if shes off her hay maybe its just her teeth. is that one of the symptoms of ouch teeth or is it pellets refusal.. i really dont know :?

I am hoping she may be just a bit grumpy with the heat, but she was eating pellets and veg so came to work.. if anything is wrong with her I will just feel awful, but my work are very strict on time off:cry::evil:

Dont feel bad hun, if we all had time off whenever our buns were worrying us we'd all be unemployed!

Its great that she was atleast eating something, maybe the heat is just making her picky. I get like that when its hot too.

Loads more vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

if shes off her hay maybe its just her teeth. is that one of the symptoms of ouch teeth or is it pellets refusal.. i really dont know :?

Yeah could be... she has only been picky this morning and I noticed not much hay had been nommed last night :cry:

Dont feel bad hun, if we all had time off whenever our buns were worrying us we'd all be unemployed!

Its great that she was atleast eating something, maybe the heat is just making her picky. I get like that when its hot too.

Loads more vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know.. well Ian finishes at two so will be home at quarter pastish.. he just said she was binkying first thing at 5 so hopefully thats a good sign

Yeah could be... she has only been picky this morning and I noticed not much hay had been nommed last night :cry:

if its only this morning maybe its a bit of hay she dont like the smell of :? hoping you get a happy update when your fella gets home, try not to worry (says me :roll:)

if its only this morning maybe its a bit of hay she dont like the smell of :? hoping you get a happy update when your fella gets home, try not to worry (says me :roll:)

Yeah I did think that!! She has been getting this farm hay that they both love, I had to get some bagged stuff friday cos I was strapped for time.. she wouldn't touch it:roll:

So rushed out to get some more farm hay on saturday THATS when the cowpats were found:? She near enough jumped in the bag :lol::lol:.. just didn't want to know this morning, she was trying to eat wallpapers instead:shock:

Yeah I did think that!! She has been getting this farm hay that they both love, I had to get some bagged stuff friday cos I was strapped for time.. she wouldn't touch it:roll:

So rushed out to get some more farm hay on saturday THATS when the cowpats were found:? She near enough jumped in the bag :lol::lol:.. just didn't want to know this morning, she was trying to eat wallpapers instead:shock:

Does she usually eat wallpaper?

Perhaps it is her teeth then, trying to find something to gnaw on rather than her hay?

Does she usually eat wallpaper?

She will if I let her, she got into our room this morning and was trying to strip the wall, luckily I nabbed it of her mouth.. when I say eat she just shreds stuff up she doesn't ingest. I haven't got paper in the bun room or the living room because she likes stripping

she could be heading into stasis, i think they spoke about the fibre craving eating wallpaper at the RWAF conference :(

she could be heading into stasis, i think they spoke about the fibre craving eating wallpaper at the RWAF conference :(

Oh god!!! I hope not .. my poor girl she has eaten all her veg and pelletts really quickly tho.. and she has always been a :censored: for paper.. which is why I took the paper down in the bun room :cry::cry:

Come on Ian hurry up and get home:evil:

She will if I let her, she got into our room this morning and was trying to strip the wall, luckily I nabbed it of her mouth.. when I say eat she just shreds stuff up she doesn't ingest. I haven't got paper in the bun room or the living room because she likes stripping

Ok thats a relief, was just thinking that sometimes if they start munching unusual things like cardboard it can be because they feel they need more fibre i.e. if their guts are slowing down.
If its just a normal thing she does I wouldnt worry though, just trying to think of some things for you :D:love:

Back