• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Major major vibes needed for Maddie please /She's gone

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Please please send all the vibes you can for Maddie :cry:

I found her on her side in the shed this morning and then she started fitting, then she had mouth wide open struggling to breathe and she went blue, she even stopped breathing for a moment.

I grabbed her and brought her inside, she had a mouth half full of hay so i removed it and tried gently waking her and she came around eventually, this was 7.30am this morning.

After we had both calmed down i put her on the floor and she is unable to move at all, she cannot walk let alone stand, she tries but she just sort of rolls absolutely horrible to see :cry:

We have of course been to the vets, luckily C was back today and we saw her, we have decided to give her 48 hours to see if she can over come this So she has had steroids and baytril and we have to give her 48 hours to see if she can regain use of her legs and walk again.

We have only decided this as she has had fits and episodes before and she has come around for them after a couple of days although this time it is much worse, if she is not better in a few days we have made the decision to PTS as she cannot live not being able to move.

She ate some food when I put it near her and had some water, so she is not giving up yet, I don't think she realises her body isn't 'working' properly.

She is in a small indoor cage with Joseph and OH is at home watching her for today, I am praying she pulls through xxx

Last edited:
Oh no :(:( Poor Maddie, sending loads of recovery vibes

Also hugs to you, that must have been so distressing to deal with xxx

Poor Maddie, sending lots of vibes & hoping she can pull through. I hope you're ok too - it must have been an awful thing to witness. :(

Back