• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Most Comfy & Safe Rabbit Harness

Livi

Alpha Buck
I know there are many conflicting views regarding use of a rabbit harness…However in general I have figured its obviously cruel if rabbits dislike them, but if the rabbit is happy wearing one then it really isn’t a problem & its nice they can explore more places!

So I have decided to buy a harness for Pip & see how we go…If she doesn’t like it then its not a problem….It will be offered free to a good home on here – lol.

My question is now – what harness do people recommend? I have seen the strap ones – but also the vest style ones which look kinda like a life jacket,lol.

Thanks in advance x

most buns seem to prefere the H style harneses (the options one in the previous post).
the vest ones can sometimes make buns feel restricted.

but really its up to the bun, they are all diferent and some prefere some to others

Thank you! I have ordered an H style harness - in small size for Pip. She is so inquisitive & keeps looking round - so I think she will enjoy the chance to explore! Will let you know how we get on x

Mylo really enjoys his lead, once hes outside he loves it and its hard to get him back in cos he likes playin out! Hopefully ur rabbit will love it too.!

I have ordered a harness which has arrived – but I ordered a small as when I had seen harnesses in the shops the small looked fine – but this one is almost certainly too small, but will hold it up against Pip later & I stupidly unpacked it too so cant even swap it back! Grrr!:roll:

If you get them used to it young they will have no problem. I had no back garden when i first got neela so i let her roam in the huge front garden in a harness, she loves it. However i never did this with my other two and they despise it. You should be able to return it surely :)

Ive managed to tear the packaging :roll: ill have a look when I get in & see if i can patch it up & send an email to the ebayer!

I think Pip will love it as she is quite a nosey parker & will enjoy a good explore :)

Bought Pip the large version today & tried it when we got in!!

She absolutely loved it :D flying round the garden (I had a struggle to keep up lol) and did a fair few binkies :love:

Had the odd rest where she had a wash, had a few grass stops & even lay flat out for a bit...

She met the cat face to face, obviously supervised & wasnt worried one bit, charged right up to her....causing the cat to hide behind me:love: but they were fine (although obviously we were all on hand to ensure nothing untoward happened).

All in all very pleased i got the harness & very pleased Pip likes it, she wanted to explore everywhere - she is a real dare devil!!!

Back