• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 days into bonding. Is this OK?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks!

Betty and Lola are doing OK, Lola is doing an awful lot of chasing and Betty seems to think now as soon as Lola approaches her she is going to get chased so runs away - making Lola chase her even more.

There is still a lot of bum nipping (finding bit of fur all over) but no biting. Lola does grunt when she is chasing.

However in the crate its totally different.

Lola throws herself down in the front of Betty in a huge bunny flop quivering with excitement.

I just ignore the chasing until it gets silly and then stop Lola.

Can I do anything else to stop Lola chasing?

If they are better in a smaller space would it be an idea to confine them to that smaller space for a few days so they are forced to interact?

Alfie and Bubbles used to be the same - it only really stopped when Bubbles worked out that, if she just stood still, Alfie would just run straight past her, and she would only get chased if she ran iyswim.

It might help to keep them to a smaller space for a while. I found that the more room Bubbles had, the more likely she was to run rather than just keep her head down.

Back