• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tummy gurgling...

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Sometimes I notice Timmys tummy gurgling, its very quiet and I can only hear it when I have my ear to his belly but it always worries me.
Are some tummy sounds normal?? Or could it be trapped wind?
I heard it last night so I sat and massaged his belly for ages while he nommed some hay (he just let me do it, you could almost seeing him doing this :roll:)
I got myself into a panic about how he would be this morning but hes totally fine :? Am I just being paranoid?
He noms loooooooads of hay and is a good drinker :love:

Blakey's tum always gurgles when she's drinking her water, you can hear it a mile off.... well, when she's not slurping (she's not the most dainty of drinkers) and she doesn't have any real tum issues.
It does mean there's gut movement which is a good thing I guess?

Alfie's tum gurgles a lot. Sometimes i can hear it when I'm the other side of the room. It's really loud when he's drinking water. I don't worry about. I think it's normal digestion sounds.

Gentle gurgling and bowel sounds are quite normal :wave:

Loud gurgling and loud bowel sounds are not. These are usually audible without putting the ear to bunny.

Thanks guys,
I can only hear it when Im right next to him getting a groom off him so I HOPE they're just the normal sounds of a healthy moving gut. His tum certainly feels nice and doughy, no hard bits and its obviously not tender as he barely bats an eyelid when I slip my hand under him for a good feel :lol:

Thankyou, I knew you'd set my mind at rest xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:love:

Lucky makes funny tummy sounds but he seems ok in every other way so i assumed it was normal. :)

Back