• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long should chasing continue for after bonding?

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Spudsey and black bunny have been together for three weeks now. Spudsey (the female) is still chasing poor lickle black bunny and is pulling his fur out. They appear to sit with each other on occasions, but not as close as Spudsey used to be with her last partner, and I have seen them nose rub. I can't remember how long it took before Spudseys partner stopped chasing her for. They are also living in a very small space (a small run only) as the new hutch run is taking a bit longer than expected....though both are now constructed just the top to go! So I'm wondering if the small space is just stressing Spudsey out as she can't run round and binky (shes my wildie and a binky queen!), plus black bunny isn't litter trained yet and is poo-ing everywhere so perhaps thats getting on her nerves:roll::lol:

I'm afraid I don't really have any advice but I just wanted to send some not-chasing-vibes! :wave:

Hopefully a brand new hutch with no smells in it will help. :)

I'm afraid I don't really have any advice but I just wanted to send some not-chasing-vibes! :wave:

Hopefully a brand new hutch with no smells in it will help. :)

Thanks :wave: I can't wait for them to be in the new hutch and run, o/h has made it and it looks GREAT :D

Lola still chased Lucy up until she passed. Mainly in the front room. Lola thought the front room was hers.

It drives me mad - especially if I have just done the dusting! Fur all over!

Lola still chased Lucy up until she passed. Mainly in the front room. Lola thought the front room was hers.

It drives me mad - especially if I have just done the dusting! Fur all over!

I put a water bowl in the run as well as both rabbits like drinking from the bowl, but black bunny's fur keeps ending up in it, I'm going to have to rename him BBB soon...bald black bunny :shock:

Back