• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've nearly converted my sister to bunnies!

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I think i've managed to convince my sister that bunnies are the way forward. Unfortunately we were in pets at home and she saw the most beautiful lop eared bunny.

She wanted me to take her her with us and look after her for her. ( Not a good sign)...However it was nice to know that she has started to see how lovely bunnies are. Until now, she didn't see what all the fuss was about.

I think she also enjoyed taking care of sunny( my rabbit), when I brought him round to her house, with his poorly teeth.

She did tell me, " Oh i can't get a bunny , i would have to buy that massive hutch and she would have my entire garden and I'd spoil her way too much!" ..."Perfect...what more could a bunny want!" i said.

She didn't end up buying her, but i do think at some point she may like to adopt from a rescue. I told her that it isn't a good idea to buy from pets at home and encourage that kind of trade of bunnies, when there are already loads in rescues.

It was really nice to see someone formerly only liking dogs, converted to actually seeing the beauty and character of a bunny, something which she previous would never have done :)

Just thought i'd share,
Ambience x

Good news, keep working on her. All my family think I am mad because I love my buns so much and of the fact like I treat them as if they were real babies. Well, they are my real babies and I just adore them.

my sis inlaw is the opposite, after all the grief ive had with my pair and now Holly will possibly be a dental bun at some point in the future she said shed never wants to keep rabbits :shock:

Hi donnamt sorry to hear that. I think my sister likes the fact that they are like babies and has to nurture them, she didn't realise how human like they are in that respect. I think she just fell in love with that bunny. It was really sweet.

Hi Bungle bunny,Yes totally relate to caring for them like babies.
Having so many bunnys does raise some eyebrows, not just with my family :) People find it very odd how many bunnys i have! They are all amazing though, i wouldn't change it for the world.

Back