• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny in PAH adoption, feel awful.

We stopped at PAH on the way to my parents to get the bunnys some hay. I normally go to my local farm shop but it would have been closed by the time we got back.

Anyway we had a look at the cute baby bunnies and they were lovely, although I'd love to give them all a home I know of course I can't and I normally accept that.

Then we went to the adoption cage and we feel in love. There was a lovely 13 week old lop who had been returned because the family she went to live with had cats and they didn't like her. She was so cute, she came right up to the cage to see us then run around binking kicking sawdust out her cage. Our hearts melted.

I vowed never to get an animal from a petshop, I never wanted a trio because I would have gone to a rescue to get another bunny if I did. So why is this little one still on my mind?

I just keep thinking what if she gets another rubbish home, which is stupid because all pet shops rabbits have that risk.

Why is she playing on my mind
:?

Why is she playing on my mind
:?

Because you made a connection with her :love::love: It's really difficult to know how to define the boundaries re pet shop and rescue in that situation but my heart would tell me she was 'rescue' even though the logical side says maybe 'pet shop'. It's so hard when you've met them and made a connection.

I feel for you, its hard to forget about them. Unfortnantely, i am a soft touch hence why i've got so many of my animals which are customers at work

if you want her and can fit her into your family and have the cash blah blah.. the usual lol dont hesitate go get her :love::love::love::love:

i had the same thing with a beautiful yellow lop (one ear up, one ear down). She loved cuddles and practically hopped in to the woman's arms. It said on her reason for adoption that she fought with her littermates and needed to be taken away from them to go to a single home - It was heartbreaking to know she'd go to live alone when after a spay and with enough space she'd most likely be fine.
I still regret not bringing her home and it was over a year ago. :(

I try not to look, I want them all :(. It's hard to forget them, and to be honest I see this as rescue. 'Your' bunny is not one of the ones that has a sign saying they were previously unsold ('noone wanted to buy me' - tug at the heartstrings time). I'd have concerns about bonding into an established pair just like you do, but it might be meant to be :love:.

if you want her and can fit her into your family and have the cash blah blah.. the usual lol dont hesitate go get her :love::love::love::love:

I agree too.

I got Honey from P@H adoption, after I feel in love with her the first time I got her. She is wonderful :love::love:

If you've connected then go get her and make her happy.

PAH adoption money apparently all goes to charity, they take none of the money :wave: I'm not sure if this is true this is just what they told me x

I should have know the response from you lot :lol:

Reasons against:

I have no bonding experience, have no where to do the bonding as Bugsy runs all over the flat.

If the bonding didn't work I couldn't give her a forever home as I only have a one bed flat. Would hate to burden a rescue with her.

Money - I could afford her (more like I just would ;)) but I'm saving to do the flat up. It wouldn't be the weekly things it would just be if she got ill.

What if it broke the bond of my two? I couldn't keep them separte and couldn't lose either one :cry:

Reason for:

Just because I feel in love :oops:

Now I'm not a soft tough normally (I can't allow myself to, my O/H is the biggest softie in the world and we would have a flat full of all animals if it wasn't for me). So why now, why this bun?

ah shes probably not for you hun :cry::cry::cry::cry:

like you said, you need to think of your existing pair first. and if you cant keep her after a failed bond then you dont really have room for her in your family

im sorry :(:(

ah shes probably not for you hun :cry::cry::cry::cry:

like you said, you need to think of your existing pair first. and if you cant keep her after a failed bond then you dont really have room for her in your family

im sorry :(:(

I would have room for a Trio if I went to a rescue, asked them to bond etc. I could have done this ages ago so why didn't I? Because I have never wanted a trio.

But she was just so lovely :cry:

I don't think you should get her...mainly because bonding is stressful and you don't know how that may affect Alfie?

At the end of the day there is every chance she'll get a good home, why not go back in a week and see if she is still there. If you do decide to go ahead I'd happily help with bonding :wave:

It is natural to feel for a bun who has been returned/neglected for some reason.

Thanks Louise, Alfie bun is of course another reason. He is my lttle special boy.

I'm sure she will get a lovely home. My O/H is trying to convince me to get her for Alfie as Bug's is a selfish madam :roll: Demands fuss constanly but then rejects him if we walk past. She is honestly so horrible to him but he loves her :love:

I said if we got a third she would just have 2 bunnies looking after her :lol:

I had no bonding experience and bonded 6 at the first attempt!!! So much good advice on here!! Just saying it is possible :lol::lol:

I had the same issue kind of, not much experience with bonding and I already had a pair. Then I took Bobby in, with the risk of it not working out.
They get on SO well together, and they work really well as a trio.
I think it just depends on the rabbits :)

Aaaw this is why I got Keith, went to a petshop with my mate just to look (they have a swimming pool full of fish you can feed) and met Keith, and he chose me really. We had an instant bond. I think you should go get that bun, if you had a connection.
But I'm just soppy.

hey dont know if this helps but the animals in adoption centre in pets at home are all rescues and all donations go totally to charity 100% in theory all aniamls should go to well educated and advised homes but that doesnt always work and the company was tryin to provide an way to help when things dont work out ( i hope one day they wont sell any cute and furries ) but for now its a way to try to maker a difference . i know its a bit off topic just though it'd help ...:?

Back