• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Waiting to hear from rescue

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
TAKES AGES!! Atleast it feels like it. I keep checking my email every 5 minutes!

I also keep checking petrescue for new buns, though I have fallen for one bun in particular (which is who I have sent the email off about).

Her name is Binky, and was found on a busy road after being hit by a car. :shock: She survived with only a broken rib and is fully healed now. She is a girlie though so not sure how she will get along with Charlee, as I have heard that male/girl combos get along a lot better. But I am hoping that we can atleast organise a play date to see how they get along!

Check out her gorgeous little face - http://www.petrescue.com.au/view/73738 . Isn't she adorable?

i feel the same, im adopting two bunnys from fat fluffs rabbit rescue, ive reserved them and had the home check but so far its taken a month and its been nearly a week since my home check and i still havn't heard of them to tell me ive passed! you'd think that they would want to get the bunnies of to forever homes so they can have new bunnies in...

Emily

Bless her:love: Lovely bun

You'll just have to be patient i'm afraid :no: :lol: as rescue's are often very busy, especially at weekends but i'm sure they'll be in contact shortly;)

Binky's lovely! I hope they'll let you take her on. I love bunnies with smudgey noses - they always look like they've been up to no good! :lol:

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to send another email, just saying you emailed on such and such a date and are just emailing again to check they got it as you'd really love to give Binky a home... Shows you're interested too. ;)

I adopted Cloud from the RSPCA recently and they were really quick. I had to wait for her to finish a course of ear medicine for mites but once that was done I was homechecked and had her here within a week. :) I would of had her sooner too but I had to wait for my day off work to pick her up.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to send another email, just saying you emailed on such and such a date and are just emailing again to check they got it as you'd really love to give Binky a home... Shows you're interested too. ;)

I only emailed 8 hours ago :oops::oops:

I really haven't given them a proper chance to reply, I am just far too impatient! I think I will give them a phone call tomorrow afternoon if I haven't heard.

I only emailed 8 hours ago :oops::oops:

I really haven't given them a proper chance to reply, I am just far too impatient! I think I will give them a phone call tomorrow afternoon if I haven't heard.

Oh! :lol::lol::lol: I don't suppose you're likely to get a reply today but yes, I'd ring if you haven't heard by late afternoon tomorrow. There's no harm in seeming eager. :)

I ended up calling them this afternoon. Binky is on medical hold at the moment (has had a series of complications following her spay) and the lady was not keen AT ALL at trying to introduce two females together. She also doesn't have any males at the moment and was surprised (taken a back) that I was getting Charlee a friend!!

I sent an email to another rescue and got a much more positive response. They have 3 being nuetered/spayed this week and another 3 next Monday, so we are waiting for them to come through and recover. Then we will book a visit, probably 2 weeks from now and try Charlee with buns until we get a match!!

Gosh, read this thread because I thought it might be us.:oops::oops:

Phew, it isn't.

Please just be patient with rescues. We get people screaming at us all the time because it is our 'duty' to rescue animals. Last week we had someone demanding to speak to 'the person in charge' because our volunteer had failed to turn up to do a home check.:( When we explained that our rescue is run by just 2 people both of whom work as well they backed down somewhat.

Of course we want to get animals into new homes ASAP and that is our priority but we have 3 hours of feeding and watering and mucking out before going to work then more mucking out and feeding when we get in and sometimes the answer machine is absolutely full and ready to explode but we can't deal with that until we have attended to the animals in our care. We are stretched to the limits and this weekend I have had to say no to so many animals needing to come in because rehoming is never as fast as incoming......and then there is all the fundraising etc etc to do and organise.

One thing that we do that not all rescues do is to take the bunny with is when we home check so that if all is ok (and it usually is by the time we have had a conversation with the adopter about our requirements and they have met our bunnies and had a chat) then we leave the bunny with them which saves an awful lot of tooing and froing and time wasting.

Hope the rescue gets back to you soon.:):)

Sorry on behalf of rescues.:oops: I know how frustrating it can all be as our first bunnies came from the RSPCA and it took weeks to get the bunnies we had reserved home with us and we were so excited.

Beth
x

I totally understand it from a rescues perspective. I am quite happy to wait for a reply..just very eager to give a bun a lovely new home. I didn't mean to offend any rescues.

Back