• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wicker??????

Janey

Warren Veteran
Is it ok for rabbits to eat wicker? I bought my two a ball weeks ago that they have totally ignored until today. They have now started eating it, I know it's designed got them to chew but is it also designed/ ok for them to eat?

I have heard that it can cause blockages, which are obviously very serious. Is she wolfing it down or just nibbling it?

Last edited:
Are wicker and willow the same thing? :oops: It took 3 of mine 6 weeks to completely shred a babies crib that we 'rescued ' from the tip (when no one was looking :shock:. They loved it. I'm always buying them baskets from the car boot sales. I usually stuff them with hay and let them get on with it...........Although they like to use them as toilets too:lol: :lol:

Mine feast constantly on all kind of toys made of wicker, willow, and various other twigs - it doesn't seem to do them any harm.

I guess it depends on whether they eat it or just trash it - my boys trash lots of wicker baskets etc, but never eat it. They just like to make a mess :roll::lol:

Back