• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rearguarding struggle

glossta1

Alpha Buck
Help! I hadn't heard of Rearguard until coming on here, but we bought some from the vet and this morning tried to apply it. What a struggle.

Nothing comes out through the sponge applicator until you're pressing quite firmly against something - I tried it on the back of my hand because we didn't seem to be getting anywhere. What bun patiently lets that happen around their privates? OH held thrashing buns while I made pathetic efforts with the bottle. No way did I manage to soak the fur as stated - just got a few damp streaks in there.

Anyone found a better way? I was thinking pour some into a yogurt pot and apply it with a makeup brush?

All ideas welcome.

I have exactly the same problem. I don't know if it's the right thing to do but I force the sponge applicator bit off and pour a small amount on at a time and rub it in ( I cover most of the opening with my thumb and jst sprinkle a bit out). Using the sponge just dosn't seem effective to me and takes far too long for a bunny who already isn't happy about the situation.

glad I'm not alone

I guess they don't much like being sprayed either, but it would at least work quicker.

I'll experiment again tomorrow.

I tend to wear rubber gloves (those medical type ones from £1 shop), squeeze it onto my hand and then rub it in :D Trying to use the sponge is useless.:roll:

Back