• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD jab question

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
how long till its done its thing?

i havent seen one single happy flop from Holly since the jab on the 16th.

shes not acting ill infact shes just munched hay for a whole hour, is really excited for veg and pellets, but she just seems abit tense and sad and the jab is the only thing thats changed in her life since wednesday.

so how long does it take to do its immunity thing and for a bun to feel happier again?

not seen them feel down after a jab before :?

Think it depends which jab she had. I believe the one that causes fewer side-effects (forget name :oops:) provides immunity within 6 days; I think the other takes a bit longer... someone who knows more should be along soon :wave:

My vet told me I didn't need to get Bramble VHD vaccinated, as there has never been a case in the area. He was given the injection last year. I don't want to put him through any extra stress at the moment.

we have cases here :cry::cry: my vet said she had to go to a womans house who didnt vaccinate and of all her buns 90% died :cry::cry:

i think i prefer a down Holly to a dead one... hate it tho. i feel awful she was so happy Wednesday morning and had almost started to eat every last special poop... ive ruined that now :cry::cry::cry:

Aw she'll be back to normal soon AND she'll be safe... just a temporary set back :wave:

shes actually lying down next to alvin..phewwwwwwwwww

not quite a happy flop but atleast shes not sat up hunchy like she has been the last few days :love::love::love::love::love:

Back