• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im sick of my neighbours !!!

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
And i think my bunny must be too they just can't seem to adapt to the idea that my rabbits are alout outside i always get 'oh look thats cool your rabbit is outside' then they walk into my garden my reply is 'yes and have you just noticed' and i hav ethis one neighbour that used to show rabbits and he comes into my garden EVERY day to look at him he is quite old and i think he is slightly loosing it i mean that in a nice way coz he's a nice guy but he is alsoo very persistant that he is a girl and i know for a fact he's not ARghhhh

Are anyone elses neighbours like this ???

No. :lol:

My neighbours show an interest in my pets because on either side of me they don't have any of their own. I have fences all around though, I'd be very bothered if they just wandered into my garden! Can you put a fence up?

And i think my bunny must be too they just can't seem to adapt to the idea that my rabbits are alout outside i always get 'oh look thats cool your rabbit is outside' then they walk into my garden my reply is 'yes and have you just noticed' and i hav ethis one neighbour that used to show rabbits and he comes into my garden EVERY day to look at him he is quite old and i think he is slightly loosing it i mean that in a nice way coz he's a nice guy but he is alsoo very persistant that he is a girl and i know for a fact he's not ARghhhh

Are anyone elses neighbours like this ???

i cant slate my neighbour because she is helpful.........

but they ALWAYS feed them. I know they have good intentions but they believe i am cruel not offering a 'variety' diet . They put cabbage, carrots BEANS etc in their run- i have to go out and throw it in the bushes when they are not looking...

and the worst- when i went on holiday they swapped my excel pellets for a rabbit muesli mix .............

No. :lol:

My neighbours show an interest in my pets because on either side of me they don't have any of their own. I have fences all around though, I'd be very bothered if they just wandered into my garden! Can you put a fence up?

mine open the gate and come in- i have to allow it though because they shut them up for us if we are late home- its worth the gamble

It's hard, I guess. Different for me because mine live inside the house and have the run during daylight hours.

My oh tried to tell them today about feeding too much veg (because they arent getting enough fibre as they are not eating their hay because they have veg)

and they just refuse to believe it..............

when my neighbours see that mine are given the likes of dandelion leafs they just sort of pick random leaves and feed them and when i tell them nicely not too they just say that all leaves have the same effect and that rabbits wouldnt eat stuff that wasnt good for them

One of my elderly neighbours is so funny,bless him.
He sees me picking grass for piggies and bunny and must think i can,t afford to buy them veg:shock::lol::lol::lol:
He has an allotment and comes round armed with spring greens,tomatoes,lettuce,broccoli,sprouts and peppers.
He only brings it round when he sees me picking grass and dandelion leaves.:shock:
It has got to the stage where i have to go out at 5am because i feel cheeky:oops::oops::lol::lol::lol:

my neighnour one told me that he was going to get the rspca on me for feeding my bunny dandelion leaves and said we probably didnt even bother giving him real food and then later i aught him picking dead leafs of his tree and trying to feed them to my bun he also said he was going to get them on me for giving him access to grass all the time because there is a hole in the shed so he can go in an out when he likes he told me must get cold

my neighbours can't get in to my garden but the ones on the right can see in, and the rabbits are on their side of the garden.
I was out there the other day and heard them talking about how I'm cruel because my rabbits have such a boring life, barely get fed any food so resort to eating their bedding (hay) :roll:, I can't take very good care of them because they're always off to the vets (jabs, neutering and eli was sick when I got him) and all sorts of stuff.
They also came round one day to say if I didn't give my rabbit more water they were phoning the rspca - I had to give him 50ml with his antibiotics in every morning for about a week, half an hour after I put it out I went and filled it up with his day's water.

I know they have the best of intentions but I wish people would just but out. :censored:

No one knew I had bunnies because they were inside! :lol:
But the ones that did know though it was odd I kept a rabbit in the same house/floor as reptiles and snakes.

I have had an issue with walkers feeding ym horse polo's and apples and really sugary things. Then they complain to me when they get bitten (well dont encourage her then! :roll:) I have also been visited by the RSPCA numerous times because of putting signs up saying "please do not feed the horses"! :lol:

I have had an issue with walkers feeding ym horse polo's and apples and really sugary things. Then they complain to me when they get bitten (well dont encourage her then! :roll:) I have also been visited by the RSPCA numerous times because of putting signs up saying "please do not feed the horses"! :lol:

I know where your coming fom on that one. One of my laminetic shetlands was on the bark paddock 'reduced grazing' and people kept feeding her so i put signs up saying not to feed as pony was on medication. people still did, so i put a sign up say 'this pony bites, please keep distance' it soon worked :lol:
I've also had the ponies lysheets took off as well, as it's cruel :shock: not that they suffer from sweet itch then? and that the rugs are specially made for that purpose? people :rolleyes:

Anyway back on topic, we have really annoying neighbours. the kids climb over the fence and try to pick the bunny up which i've told them not to as he doesn't like other people bar me. I've told them it's not my fault if he bites them or scratches them, secretly hoping he will bite them one day :oops:. They kick balls over on purpose so i let red 'lakeland terrier cross patterdale' out :D he loves his balls.
Am i evil?

I don't generally have problems with my neighbours, but once when I went on holiday and left my friend looking after Heather and Bart, she am one morning to find Heather OUTSIDE the hutch/run! The only conclusion i can come to is that next doors kids came into the garden picked Heather up and then she lept out their arms refused to go back into the hutch so they fled! :shock: Thank god my friend found her when she did otherwise she would have been in the local fields :shock:

Oh and my friends who lives down the road thinks I'm starving my rabbits because I give them hardly any pellets :roll:

I dont have this problem (thank god) - although any body that comes into our garden likes to comment on how sweet Selina is - and occasionally if I know them, I get her out to have a look (cos she seems to love people) but the only neighbour we have that is remotely interested is our next door neighbour who I don't mind cos she will be looking after Selina when I got to New York with my parents and I know she will take good care of her because I looked after her dog for about 2/3 years (the dog recently died). So otherwise I don't have problems :)

I don't generally have problems with my neighbours, but once when I went on holiday and left my friend looking after Heather and Bart, she am one morning to find Heather OUTSIDE the hutch/run! The only conclusion i can come to is that next doors kids came into the garden picked Heather up and then she lept out their arms refused to go back into the hutch so they fled! :shock: Thank god my friend found her when she did otherwise she would have been in the local fields :shock:

Oh and my friends who lives down the road thinks I'm starving my rabbits because I give them hardly any pellets :roll:

Feck now I'm scared for when I go away on holiday that this will happen - we have some right little :censored: kids round our way!

Pie - Do you mind if walkers feed your horses grass? I only ask as Lillian and I went on a travel the other week and saw some lovely horses so we were picking the grass from the other side of the fence (that they couldn't reach) and were feeding it to them and stroking them etc and I never thought that we shouldn't. :shock: Am worried now. lol

Last edited:
Can't say our new neighbours have exactly endeared themselves to us considering their "wouldn't hurt a fly" dog probably killed Gasket and Tappet.

we dont have problems where princess is concerned but my neighbours drive me insane!!

one next door will hang about and see me come out with my washing then will stop me to say 'are you busy?' of course I'm busy and I'll get more done if you leave me alone :censored: and he cuts his grass everyday, so during the summer with my hayfever I sneeze all day long :roll:

the one on the other side sits in her window watching EVERYTHING

one over the road comes in from the pub at like 1am and stands there laughing and talking REALLY LOUD on his mobile in the st

another over the rd puts his bins out and fetches them in at about 2am, even though hes in ALL DAY and then after all the bumping and scraping of the bins, their dog starts :roll:

round the corner we have a lady that puts our bins out, I try and do it before her cos shes nosy, if my bins full to the top she takes stuff out :shock: and we arnt supposed to put washing powder boxes in the paper bin but she took mine out of the normal bin, and put it in the paper, so I put it back in normal and she put it back in paper :censored:

sorry bit of a rant :lol:

we dont have problems where princess is concerned but my neighbours drive me insane!!

one next door will hang about and see me come out with my washing then will stop me to say 'are you busy?' of course I'm busy and I'll get more done if you leave me alone :censored: and he cuts his grass everyday, so during the summer with my hayfever I sneeze all day long :roll:

the one on the other side sits in her window watching EVERYTHING

one over the road comes in from the pub at like 1am and stands there laughing and talking REALLY LOUD on his mobile in the st

another over the rd puts his bins out and fetches them in at about 2am, even though hes in ALL DAY and then after all the bumping and scraping of the bins, their dog starts :roll:

round the corner we have a lady that puts our bins out, I try and do it before her cos shes nosy, if my bins full to the top she takes stuff out :shock: and we arnt supposed to put washing powder boxes in the paper bin but she took mine out of the normal bin, and put it in the paper, so I put it back in normal and she put it back in paper :censored:
sorry bit of a rant :lol:

Thats not normal behaviour surely? I am quite lucky mine seem completely normal. Some of the stories on here are bizarre, I couldn't imagine having a neighbour wandering in the back gate and telling me what to do with my animals let alone coming in to feed them - no way never, boundaries on your property exist for a reason, your space - I wouldn't dream of going into a back garden of a neighbour without an invite - they are an extension of your house, your personal space.

Back