• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent advice needed .U/D genius idea...PICS

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Please can someone help.

We have got noodle home but she began to chew her stitches.

Took her to the vets who gave her a buster collar..........and pain killers because they 'forgot'

She has now chewed the buster collar off.

She has no bandage on the wound. Just open stitches

PLease someone tell me what to do.

I cant cope with this constant heartache.......

Last edited:
what part of the buster collar has she chewed? If its beyond repair you could make a temporary one out of a cereal box. I know people have used t-shirts to bandage spay wounds, maybe you could improvise something on her leg, wouldn't take long for her to get through it though

what part of the buster collar has she chewed? If its beyond repair you could make a temporary one out of a cereal box. I know people have used t-shirts to bandage spay wounds, maybe you could improvise something on her leg, wouldn't take long for her to get through it though

I hope shes ok nicola she sounds frantic. xxxxxxxxx

Ring the vets again - can you put a little t - shirt over it, or lose dressing...
Loads of vibes for you

I just got back from the vets an hour ago..........and its an hours drive......

I have been twice today and i cant see what going back will achieve- just another collar which she will chew off.....

I just got back from the vets an hour ago..........and its an hours drive......

I have been twice today and i cant see what going back will achieve- just another collar which she will chew off.....

Oh for goodness sake is that all they offered you! xx

maybe like a make shift nappy? make sure its clean - maybe a teatowel - pair of knickers? :oops: I guess that might annoy her too - maybe put it on and try and distract her with nom noms xx

Do you have another vet closer who you can call to provide another collar? Can you tape the collar back together? Hopefully she will calm down when pain relief kicks in.

maybe like a make shift nappy? make sure its clean - maybe a teatowel - pair of knickers? :oops: I guess that might annoy her too - maybe put it on and try and distract her with nom noms xx

Yeah a pair of knickers might work good idea xxxxxxx

Yeah. I would just wrap it around loosely and tie it so she isn't tripping over it. Maybe use the sleeves to tie it, or some sort of wide cord if you have any - a surgical bandage or something

Do you have a first aid kit? You could use the surgical bandages to tie the t-shirt on and to tie the collar back on, just tape it if you need to.

Yeah a pair of knickers might work good idea xxxxxxx

i have put two collars on her now. I did one and the vet did the other. What she goes is she gets her teeth under it and chews until the whole is big enough and it slips off

they never put ties on it as they said she would just chew them........

Oh god. im panicking so much. For 4 days its been constant worry- I even lost my vision earlier i was so stressed i realised i hadnt eaten all day and had to o/d on sugar to get it back..........

Ok............i will hunt for garments,,,,,,,,

Try and stay calm sweetie, there's nothing to panic about. Once you've bandaged her I would sit down and get a glass of water or some sweet tea.

When the girls were ill I was delirious from the stress and exhaustion, I was no help to anyone

They should have put ties on, there's no chance of them chewing the ties. She could only probably chew it because it was so loose :?

We're all here for you hun try not to worry xxx

Could you tape the two collars together to make a whole one? So that there's none of the open gaps, and find something to tie them together with fully so she can't get her nibbly teethies in?

Back