• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poorly boy recuperating!

DDD

Mama Doe
Nelson my cat had to have an abscess lanced on Wednesday followed by an overnight stay ona drip. He is feeling very sorry for himself at the moment! He isn't allowed out until healed, and is usually an outdoor cat during the day so not loving his recuperating. He has to wear the collar as is likely to scratch the wound open again which hasn't been stitched as it was an abscess. Here are some pics of my poorly boy chilling in the sun yesterday, and of him looking sorry for himself.

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01028.jpg

Sitting on my lap the other night for a snooze -
DSC01026.jpg

Day he came back from the vets
DSC01025.jpg

he is doing really well, eating and getting on well with the collar (most of the time!!)

Awwww bless his little heart, isnt he tiny!
has he been involved in a scrap? my smudge has had a few abcesses from scrapping thank god he hasnt had one for many years now.......... touch wood. :) xxxxxxxxxxxx

Awwww bless his little heart, isnt he tiny!
has he been involved in a scrap? my smudge has had a few abcesses from scrapping thank god he hasnt had one for many years now.......... touch wood. :) xxxxxxxxxxxx

That's what vet thought might of happened, a fight.

That's what vet thought might of happened, a fight.

Bless him he`s so cute, my cat sort of grew out of scrapping he`s 11 now maybe 12 so getting to be an oldie.

Hope he gets well soon hes soooo tiny and pretty :) xxxxxxxx

Bless him he`s so cute, my cat sort of grew out of scrapping he`s 11 now maybe 12 so getting to be an oldie.

Hope he gets well soon hes soooo tiny and pretty :) xxxxxxxx

LOL - he's massive!! Pics must be deceiving. He is normally nearly 5 kg although lost weight quickly with the abscess. Will dig out a photo of what he usually looks like.
He is about 11 years old, usually top cat of the neighbourhood but maybe someone decided to play get your own back!

Was he overweight when you got him or was it a gradual thing? xx

He was overweight when we got him, the last pics on the thread are of him a few weeks ago at normal weight, but with baggy skin from being overweight before. We've had him 16months now, he was nearly 10 when we got him from a rescue, and I think his previous owners must've fed him tit bits all the time.

Good lord :shock:
You have done a fantastic job with him :D
My smudge was from a rescue too approx 1 or 2 we dont know, we have had him 10 years now :) xxxxxxxxx

Poor Nelson. I'm so glad he's getting on with the collar ok (even if he is probably mortified with the pink paw prints on it! :lol:). The vet sent one of ours home with one once, he literally threw himself all over the living room! :shock: My other half had to get it off quick before he tore about 30 stitches out of his leg!
Hoping for a speedy recovery for your gorgeous boy! :love:

Good lord :shock:
You have done a fantastic job with him :D
My smudge was from a rescue too approx 1 or 2 we dont know, we have had him 10 years now :) xxxxxxxxx

Ah I wish I will have Nelson for 10 years but sadly not, although some cats live until 20years old.
Nelson wasn't badly treated (apart from being fat), his owners were old and had to move to sheltered housing and couldn't take him with them. He didn't do very well in the rescue place as hates being shut in and turned nasty so no-one would rehome him, until I fell in love with his little (big) face!

Poor Nelson. I'm so glad he's getting on with the collar ok (even if he is probably mortified with the pink paw prints on it! :lol:). The vet sent one of ours home with one once, he literally threw himself all over the living room! :shock: My other half had to get it off quick before he tore about 30 stitches out of his leg!
Hoping for a speedy recovery for your gorgeous boy! :love:

Pink is a bit cruel for a boy cat!! Nelson would hate it whether pink or blue though, although he is getting used to it now. He did keep trying to walk backwards to get out of it but seems OK with it now.

Ah I wish I will have Nelson for 10 years but sadly not, although some cats live until 20years old.
Nelson wasn't badly treated (apart from being fat), his owners were old and had to move to sheltered housing and couldn't take him with them. He didn't do very well in the rescue place as hates being shut in and turned nasty so no-one would rehome him, until I fell in love with his little (big) face!

Well you dont know like you said cats can live to a very ripe old age, my auntie lost her cat lucy when she was 20 :shock:

Smudge is getting on in years too, he only has 4 teeth left bless him i really cant imagine life without him.

Nelson is lovely and you have given him a chance of a new life, he is obviously thriving with you he looks so well, he might have spent his life locked up in a cage if you hadnt of taken him, he really is a gorgeous cat. xxx

Pink is a bit cruel for a boy cat!! Nelson would hate it whether pink or blue though, although he is getting used to it now. He did keep trying to walk backwards to get out of it but seems OK with it now.

He seems to tolerate it very well. :) Maybe he secretly likes the fashion statement he's making? :lol: I genuinely think my cay would have broken something or done serious damage to himself the way he reacted! Mind you, he was probably pretty angry at being left at the vets to be stitched - he had a warning on their computer for his attitude! :lol:

Well you dont know like you said cats can live to a very ripe old age, my auntie lost her cat lucy when she was 20 :shock:

Smudge is getting on in years too, he only has 4 teeth left bless him i really cant imagine life without him.

Nelson is lovely and you have given him a chance of a new life, he is obviously thriving with you he looks so well, he might have spent his life locked up in a cage if you hadnt of taken him, he really is a gorgeous cat. xxx

I'd love him to live until 20!! Those pics were after he had been on a diet at the rescue for 3months so he must've been huge before!!

Bless Smudge and his teeth!

Thanks for comments on Nelson. I will tell him how gorgeous he is!

He seems to tolerate it very well. :) Maybe he secretly likes the fashion statement he's making? :lol: I genuinely think my cay would have broken something or done serious damage to himself the way he reacted! Mind you, he was probably pretty angry at being left at the vets to be stitched - he had a warning on their computer for his attitude! :lol:

LOL Nelson is an attitude cat, but they think he is like a little lamb at the vets!! He is like a different cat at the vets. They can do anything to him and he just sits there, at home I can't!

LOL Nelson is an attitude cat, but they think he is like a little lamb at the vets!! He is like a different cat at the vets. They can do anything to him and he just sits there, at home I can't!

:lol::lol::lol: Mine (RIP) was the absolute opposite! An angel for his mummy, but beware anyone else! :lol:

Back