• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hmm interesting..... my new books says..... UD P31 result...

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
That if your bunny has the runs you need to feed it only dry bread, boiled rice or crisp bread, and to replace its water with luke warm chamomile tea. Is this normal/right??

Last edited:
The only bit I agree with is the Camomile Tea !!

The worst thing to feed a Rabbit with diarrhoea is carbohydrates and bread,rice and crispbread are all high in carbs !

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

the book i bought from the RWAF recommends bramble leaves, not a mention of any of the things youve listed :shock::shock:

i adore white bread and i know its bad for me so id never feed it to a bunny. in the past i have used a tiny bit of brown bread to get drugs into pearl but when Alvin went into stasis after he got his portion (smaller than 1cm sq) ive not used it since.

its too man made for my liking and i have no idea what additives are put into it to make it nice, deffo not something ill ever include in my bunnies diet no matter how much they like it :(

and rice, im not sure how many wild bunnies have access to rice so again something id not try just incase

Its 'House Rabbit: Manual and Reference Guide'.

I know bread is bad for buns, I was shocked when I went to P@H and saw they have new 'rice' treats for buns to boost their immune system or prevent dental issues (there are 2 types available).

Odd eh??

Its 'House Rabbit: Manual and Reference Guide'.

I know bread is bad for buns, I was shocked when I went to P@H and saw they have new 'rice' treats for buns to boost their immune system or prevent dental issues (there are 2 types available).

Odd eh??

There is no such book on amazon :? do you have any more details?

I certainly wouldn't feed bread to any rabbit, it's very high in calories compared to the amount of fibre so it just fills them up and reduces the amount of hay they'll eat. Also some rabbits react badly to eating that amount of starch.

There is no such book on amazon :? do you have any more details?

I certainly wouldn't feed bread to any rabbit, it's very high in calories compared to the amount of fibre so it just fills them up and reduces the amount of hay they'll eat. Also some rabbits react badly to eating that amount of starch.

Try searching 'house rabbit' its by 'about pets' in the 'expert series'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/House-Rabbi...r_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276963658&sr=1-14

Ah I see, thanks :)

It was only published this year though, no excuse for including such misleading out of date info :? what's the rest of the book like?

Ah I see, thanks :)

It was only published this year though, no excuse for including such misleading out of date info :? what's the rest of the book like?

The rest of it is ok, I bought it because it has such detailed list of plants that are ok for buns to eat etc, although the recommended cage sizes leave more to be desired (dwarves should have 40 x 50 x 50 cm.... with giants having 100 x 70 x 60 cm)

It DOES say not to use shavings, which I agree with, and DOES mention how important hay is ALTHOUGH it does say to buy 'ready mixed grain foods' for your rabbit to eat, because "pellets are all identical in their composition. They contain all the necessary neutrients and provive a perfect diet ..... but apart from the ease of use, it must be pretty boring for a rabbit to have to eat the same food every day"

I AM SO COMPLAINING!!

What an awful book!!

I want my money back :evil::evil: Do they not have a clue???

The rest of it is ok, I bought it because it has such detailed list of plants that are ok for buns to eat etc, although the recommended cage sizes leave more to be desired (dwarves should have 40 x 50 x 50 cm.... with giants having 100 x 70 x 60 cm)

It DOES say not to use shavings, which I agree with, and DOES mention how important hay is ALTHOUGH it does say to buy 'ready mixed grain foods' for your rabbit to eat, because "pellets are all identical in their composition. They contain all the necessary neutrients and provive a perfect diet ..... but apart from the ease of use, it must be pretty boring for a rabbit to have to eat the same food every day"

I AM SO COMPLAINING!!

What an awful book!!

I want my money back :evil::evil: Do they not have a clue???

That is so sad :( :( They wouldn't even be able to lie down in that - my Sorrel was only medium sized and she measured nearly 70cm when she stretched right out.

I wonder if the RWA have any policy on misleading books? They were very helpful once when I sent them a link to an inadequate hutch.

:shock: :? I would complain its very dangerous for a book to give out incorrect advice

I bought a rat care book once and was almost sick when I read it, there were instructions on how to PTS your pet rat at home to avoid a vet trip!! :evil: Disgusting!

The website for the book is in a different language so havent managed to complain yet but am going to email the RWA about it now xx

Back