• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi everyone!

sfrabbit

New Kit
Hi my name is Tom from the San Fran. Bay area ca U.S .

Here is my new baby

28268_400706938095_711298095_439617.jpg

Dutch Dwarf/ Lop

Hello Tom, welcome to RU! :wave:

So what's bunny's story? Does he/she have a name? So cuuuute! :love: I love grey bunnies.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I got the baby from a couple that lives on a boat .And they were selling babies for 25.00 ea. to donate to the spca.The babies are 8 weeks old . I was going to pick up a lionhead but the owner flake on me! Owell ! we are happy with this one;) it was the biggest one out of the batch My baby girl named it fluffy,I told her lots of bunnies are named fluffy:lol: But she wants it named fluffy! What can I say to Daddy's little girl. I have a few ?'s

How do you sex them?

Do you have to get a vac. shots?

I had a Lop when I was like 5 I dont remember if it had shots !

awh what a sweetie.

your bunny will need a myxi and a VHD vaccination. I would also recommend neutering/spaying :). I cant remember ages these first need done at so someone will have to finish what i started lol!

Welcome to RU :D xx

:wave: Hello and welcome,
My vaccinations cost me around £45 for the VHD and the myxi if i recall give or take the odd pound :) xxxxxxxx

Thanks everyone again ! How much in U. S dollars

Hey Tom..welcome to the forum :wave: Fluffy is absolutely adorable, great name choice by your little girl...at least is something normal compared to what some kids come up with (I remember my nephew wanting to call my rabbit poo at some point!)

From my experience of talking to bunny owners from across the pond it would seem that your vets are different to ours in the respect that rabbits are seen as 'exotic' pets and services/ prices are limited and more expensive.

It would be great if you could call around your local vets/ recommended vets and ask them if they do rabbit vaccinations (shots) and obviously ask how much they charge...it is probably completely different to how much it costs over here :)

Thanks for the warm welcome again! I called the vet in my area and they said I dont need vac. shots for rabbits :censored: I really dont want to take that risk without them! I'm going to have to call a few more places

Back