• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is wrong with some people

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Tree contacted us last week to see if we could help out a bunny in urgent need that she had been made aware of.

Although we don't normally rescue and rehome rabbits as it was on our doorstep and the owner was stating they were going to release it into the wild if it wasn't taken, we agreed to make contact and take the rabbit temporarily.

I have finally managed to make contact with the owner only to now be told that he is keeping it because it is an entire male and he doesn't want it to be castrated, which he knows it will be if it is given to a rescue :shock::roll:

I don't think he is planning to breed it, but either has some manly hang up about castration or it is cover story that something else has happened to the bunny :(:(

So sad

If he doesn't want to hand him over their isn't much I can do, I don't have an address.

I haven't even discussed neutering with his, he obviously did a bit of research on rescue buns himself and that was it :(

That's sad. :( How did you find out about the rabbit? If it's been advertised somewhere could you get a friend to ring and pretend they want to take it as a pet and get them to bring up neutering and how dead against it they are? ;)

I really hope he won't be released into the wild. :shock: Some people are just morons aren't they?! :roll::evil:

That's sad. :( How did you find out about the rabbit? If it's been advertised somewhere could you get a friend to ring and pretend they want to take it as a pet and get them to bring up neutering and how dead against it they are? ;)

I really hope he won't be released into the wild. :shock: Some people are just morons aren't they?! :roll::evil:

No it wasn't advertised, somone found out about him needing to be rehomed and contacted a mod on here, who then contacted me as we live in the next town

Get someone else to get intouch and get it that way. If you send me the details I will get intouch and see if he will hand them over:D

No it wasn't advertised, somone found out about him needing to be rehomed and contacted a mod on here, who then contacted me as we live in the next town

Hmmm, would it be possible to get back in touch with that someone and see if they know the owner personally and see if he's willing to hand the rabbit over to them?

Otherwise I'm all out of ideas. :(

Back