• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nala & Archie - u/d p122 - Nala's leg is almost healed & Archie still doing well

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Nala & Archie - u/d p122 - Nala's leg is almost healed & Archie still doing well

I couldn't face posting last night or today to say Nala was poorly - I wasn't sure what today would bring & I suppose I just didn't want to acknowledge to myself how poorly she was :cry: I also wanted to ensure I let Sam know who was Nala's previous mummy what had happened & how she was first.

Nala has had to have major surgery on her right hind leg today as Wednesday night we found 2 large abscesses on it.

She was put straight onto antibiotics at the vets to see if we could shrink them before opting for surgery as they were in a very difficult place to treat. However, by yesterday evening they had almost doubled in size & a 3rd one had appeared. We had no option but to have them removed & hope for the best :cry: If we had left them they would have most probably have poisoned her system :cry:

We were also advised it might not be good news, as it could be oesteocarsoma (I think that's how it's spelt :oops:) which was what we lost Barney to 2 years ago :cry:

During the operation they have removed 3 abscesses - 1 of which had tracked deep into her muscle, surrounding tissues & lymph nodes :cry: Our poor baby was under for about 1hr 20mins to ensure they got everything out. There was no obvious cause, but suspect they've been caused by an insect bite.

Although it was fantastic news that it wasn't cancer, it is still going to be 1 day at a time for our beautiful girl. I just pray that she heals well & they don't reoccur. We also don't know if she will be left lame from the op because they can't be certain there has been no nerve damage.

Nala is now home & sadly separated from Archie until she recovers - her leg looks awful, with a wound running right down it :cry: She's confined for the time being to a pen to rest her leg & will be on Zithromax & metacam for the next week.

Any spares vibes & thoughts you can spare for our beautiful girl would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Oh no poor Nala! :cry:

I'm glad she's come through the operation - sending tons and tons of vibes for her that she can come through all this xx

Hugs to you too - must be awful for you. :(

Fight it Nala xx

Back