• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Sexing and fighting

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Me again (sorry)

After my bunnies having their fight this morning, the question was raised as to whether they've been sexed properly ....... I was told I had a boy and a girl ......... they're 11 weeks old today and this morning Dizzi tried getting jiggy with Rascal which resulted in a fight!

So, I was wondering with people asking about the sexing of them .... is it very unusual for a boy and girl to fight??

Is it more likely that two boys would fight? Or even two girls?

(I'll ask the vet on Tues when they go for their vacs to have another go at sexing them).

Thanks, Jo x

PS/ I'm just curious, I love them both to bits and what sex they are doesn't really make a jot of difference to me. (well obviously the practicalities of having them 'done' may change slightly but other than that .......)! x

At 11 weeks it would be more likely for 2 Bucks to fight. Does tend to hit puberty later than Bucks.

I would not be at all surprised if you have two males :)

it could just be the boy wanted a bit of rumpy pumpy and the girl said no :shock::shock:

what age is a baby boy fertile and hormonal? i know we got alvin done at 4 months but he probably was hormonal way before then

See thing is, OH saw them just before the fight broke out and said Dizzi (the alleged 'girl') was trying to get jiggy with Rascal (the alleged 'boy') ..... said 'she' was mounting 'him' n everything ....... he came and woke me up (at 4.45am - yaay) to tell me ..... I got up to see what was going on to find a fight had ensued! :shock:

'She' is rather erm ..... adventurous .... so who knows! lol ;)

Whereas Rascal is so laid-back he's practically horizontal! :lol:

Happen that's the problem!

They're currently in separate hutches (big double, double decker) .... now known as the 'norty hutch' until OH can divide their normal hutch/run with 2 layers of mesh tonight!

it could just be the boy wanted a bit of rumpy pumpy and the girl said no :shock::shock:

what age is a baby boy fertile and hormonal? i know we got alvin done at 4 months but he probably was hormonal way before then

I noticed Pip becoming rather hormonal at about 13 weeks, running in circles with his tail in the air, no humping as no friend to try hump :( atm! ;)

Back