• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccination Certificates

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

When the bunnies have been fully vaccinated against Mixy and VHD will I get some sort of certificate from the vet?

They had their first vaccs 3 weeks ago and they're going for their second lot on Tuesday.

I just wondered because I've noticed on quite a few boarding websites that buns won't be accepted unless a certificate is produced.

Do I get it automatically or is it something I'll have to ask for?

Thanks, Jo x

i get a health card where they put the little sticker off the vaccine bottle and they sign it. same as cats and dogs cards :wave::wave:

They should give you a vaccination record card that shows the date of the vacc, the batch number of the vaccine and the vets initials.

I'd ask for it on your next visit in case they've forgotten!

I had to ask for them to fill in a vaccination card for them but they did it without any problems. :wave: xx

I explained that it was for Boarding.

they also have a place to put a pic of the pet, but i havent plucked up the courage to be the only pet owner to do it :lol::lol::lol:

Excellent, thanks ..... better write that down so I remember to ask! :oops:

After the state I got into last time I went (having a bit of a dog phobia and being 'trapped' in a very small waiting room with 5 dogs) I'm amazed I remembered my name, never mind anything else! lol x

I don't get one from our new vets - not sure why! I might ask next time. I do keep a record of it but I have nothing official to state they've had it done.

I don't get one from our new vets - not sure why! I might ask next time. I do keep a record of it but I have nothing official to state they've had it done.

Same here i never get one for charlie and gracie only the cat has one, i did ask but she said its all on computer anyway if they ever need boarding. xx

I have one for Radish but they had run out of cards when I had Waffle's vaccinations done so I need to ask them to sort me one next time I am there.

I insist on seeing them for boarding and hence forth will be inspecting before bonding for anyone too just so I know I am not risking anyone on site with an unvaccinated bun.

This follows someone who's rabbits I bonded for her being adamant that her rabbits were vaccinated. When one died recently, she didn't know what from and when pressed about vaccination cards the next time her bun came in for boarding, it turns out that neither had ever had VHD :(.

Vets sometimes forget so it's definitely worth asking for yours.

thinking about it, i didnt have to ask i just said i dont have one for Holly yet and the vet had a pile of them in a drawer.

those who dont have cards, what do your vets do with the stickers from the bottle they take the injection from????

do the note the batch number on the system in the pets notes?

i phoned the other day to tell my vets when holly had her myxi for the records and they took the batch number off me too

thinking about it, i didnt have to ask i just said i dont have one for Holly yet and the vet had a pile of them in a drawer.

those who dont have cards, what do your vets do with the stickers from the bottle they take the injection from????

i phoned the other day to tell my vets when holly had her myxi for the records and they took the batch number off me too

Our vets certainly record the vaccine codes on the system so if you lose a card or didn't have one issued, you can have to issued at a later date.

I don't know tbh. I'm usually concentrating on the bunnies! :lol:

Oh I doubt it! I'm nosey too it's just I have four to juggle!! And they always decide the vets is the perfect place to zoom up my shoulder.

haha Alvin does that. the only time he thinks im not so bad after all and i am good for an escape route :lol::lol:

It is definately worth asking your vets for a card, especially if they have to go into boarding and need proof of vaccination.

My vet did a backdated vaccination card with the vaccinations they had. They have also done a print out from their computer about the vet visits with the vaccination records on it.

haha Alvin does that. the only time he thinks im not so bad after all and i am good for an escape route :lol::lol:

You should see them when they go on the scales - they seem intent on getting onto Mark's desk :lol:

Hahahaha ..... last night Rascal buried his head and front paws in my chest which was really sweet ....... Dizzi on the other hand ran up onto my shoulder and ended up sat on the back of my neck, trying to hide herself in my hair!!

I managed to remember to ask for the card so am all sorted now if they need to go into boarding.

xx

Back