• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indoor housing

jody

Alpha Buck
Thinking alot about my rabbits arrival, and as an indoor rabbit im thinking would it be possible once he is litter trained could i use a normal animal pen ie octagonal or square with a litter tray but carpet tiles underneath?
as i rent my house i want to minimise damage and tiles can be replaced cheaply, and the pens also give buns lots of room?

what are peoples opinions on this? also tiles could be hoovered off etc:wave:

i use a pen (well two connected) and my own section of carpet on top of my landlords carpet. works very well :D:D

I use a pen with a corflute base (corrugate plastic like what real estate signs are made of and is usely used as an alternative to lino). I line her pen with fleece to keep it soft and comfy. Her pen is in my room and she then gets access to the majority of my room. But there is a significant patch in the middle of my floor that is a different colour now - and not because she has weed on it (she is toilet trained) but because it is a high traffic area. So going to have to invest in something to protect the carpet more as I also live in a rental.

Back