• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch suggestions please - how to move!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
So in September we are going to close for outdoor boarding and just do indoor until we move, because it could be months, and the indoor boarding is in the outhouse so its not like we have to move anything.

so we will sell all the hutches. now there all lavendar lodges, thistle halls, etc. Except for one. It is 6 x 6 x 2.

It is 3 hutches in a block, each one being 6 foot x 2 x 2, so the actual height of it is six foot also. Its home made, my dad made it and its very solid. I was going to sell it but i just wanted your guys opinions on if this is actually moveable or not?!?!

i probably wont be able to sell it for alot as i doubt anyone could move it. mum seems to think we might have to just rip it down :(

It's not possible to unscrew it all? I should think if you found someone that wanted it, they'd take it apart themselves if the price was right. ;) Saves you a job! :lol:

It's not possible to unscrew it all? I should think if you found someone that wanted it, they'd take it apart themselves if the price was right. ;) Saves you a job! :lol:

I think the back is one huge sheet so 6 x 6.

i guess so, would hate to see it not be able to be used, has served me well!

Hmmm. That's going to be hard to fit in a car to move then! I think I'd advertise it as being collection only and perhaps mention the back panel is very big so will either need a large van or perhaps suggest cutting it into three 6X2 sheets and putting it back together using sealant on the back?!

If it doesn't come apart well and gets battered about, I'm sure a rescue would take it, even if it's in a bit of a state. They could probably salvage it and definately make use of it. :)

Awww what a shame, but I do understand why it gets tricky taking bookings etc if you don't know where you're going to be living at any given time.

It would probably fit whole into a van wouldn't it? I wonder if I bought the 6*6*2 block and hired a van, whether I could persuade Lou le taxi to drive up to Carolines (Rabbit Residence), I'm sure she'd appreciate them :)

its just difficult to actually move, because dad built it where it is now :shock:

I think ill put it on ebay and specificy how difficult it is to move, and if it doesnt sell ill just give it away to whoever can move it :lol:

Awww what a shame, but I do understand why it gets tricky taking bookings etc if you don't know where you're going to be living at any given time.

It would probably fit whole into a van wouldn't it? I wonder if I bought the 6*6*2 block and hired a van, whether I could persuade Lou le taxi to drive up to Carolines (Rabbit Residence), I'm sure she'd appreciate them :)

i dont know if it would, id have to measure! (/ask dad) :lol: aww it would be nice if it could help out a rescue

:lol: :lol: Yeah I'm sure you could persuade me :wave: I am sure Caroline could use it. I think 6x6x2 should fit in a large van, so just getting in out would be the problem, was it built in situ?

Sorry to hijack the thread :)oops:), but I have a spare hutch/run combo somewhere in the garage. It's small though - the hutch is only 4 ft. Not sure of the dimensions of the run. Presumably that's too small to be of any use to her?

Back