• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had a better few days with Neeps [Doodee]

After a month of tearing my home to pieces, weird behaviour from terror and chewing everything in sight she seems to be finally settling.

She has even let me very gently and slowly stroke her one side as long as she has a clear exit.
She is now willing to take food from my hands.
She even came and put her paws on my leg when I was sat on the floor knitting and shocked me my licking my fingers. I did not know she felt that brave yet.

I am now seeing more normal bunny behaviour such as the
'YOU never feed me' aimmed at any one else in the family who comes in to the lounge just in case they might fall for it.
Half binkies in the form of lolloping across the lounge and waggling her ears.
Being curious about who is around and what they are doing.
Lying flat on her side snoozing away in the sun trap by the patio door that old Fred loved. I even finally found a plain jute woven rug big enough for her to lie on in the sun spot that she has not destroyed in five minutes.
Found she :love: cardboard boxes and prefers to sleep in one thank you.

;)

I think she is finally getting there and whilst she is still easily scared and very timid she is becoming much braver and as a reward for not pulling off any more wallpaper and chewing what skirting boards remain I have ordered her the Great Big Rabbit Hutch from Forsham Cottage Arks so she can begin to explore the bottom garden by the house when it arrives. That awful scared hunched lying flat on the floor look is giving way to a more 'Oh yeah? I can if I want to' confident look.

Was she as much trouble as the RSPCA warned me she would be? Oh yes and far more! I could understand why previous attempts to rehome had led to her being taken staright back.

Was she worth all the destruction and weird behaviours as she slowly worked out no one would hurt her and that it would be the same person she saw everyday - DEFINATLY.
Now if she can find a buck and form a bond I think the aggresive scared rabbit no one wanted will blossom into a happy relaxed bun.

Managed to get some pictures of her racing round her cardboard lounge warren now if I can work out how to load them you can get to see the moppet.

Teasel is still sulking over being able to smell another doe but then Teasel does not do other rabbits as she is a grumpy old bun on a good day.

How lovely that this 'difficult' girl has found someone who has been prepared to give her the time & input she has needed to settle.
I loved your earlier thread about the cardboard castle.
I bet she will end up being a real character once she feels safe enough to really relax & it sounds like you are well on the way.
Well done & keep up the installments :)

Back