• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lone rabbits

Charys

Mama Doe
Do you know, I can't imagine ever keeping a rabbit alone again. Mint was on his own for a year and 1/2, with plenty of space and attention from us, but I never imagined how happy he would be with a girlfriend (they aren't married yet!) Luna and Mint have only been a pair now for a few days, but they are adorable together. All the chasing, cuddling up, mirroring each other's actions, grooming each other and general bunny language that goes on is a delight to watch. How happy it makes me to see them entertaining each other and enjoying the other's company :eek:) Luna is such a sweet natured rabbit; she has only been here two weeks but jumps on my lap and licks me ! She wasn't litter trained when she got here, but was trained within 3 days - so clearly a bright bunny too. (Geez I'm starting to sound like a bragging parent) If anyone is reading this and has a lone bunny, do think about getting them a partner, it is very rewarding.

one day in the future i will have a lone rabbit but itll be when im planning on breaking the rabbit cycle.

Alvin will never be alone hes too anti human and i signed the form to say Holly will never be kept alone too lol.. oh well looks like the cycle will be going on for a looooonnnngggggg time yet :oops: :love::love::love::love:

Do you know, I can't imagine ever keeping a rabbit alone again. Mint was on his own for a year and 1/2, with plenty of space and attention from us, but I never imagined how happy he would be with a girlfriend (they aren't married yet!) Luna and Mint have only been a pair now for a few days, but they are adorable together. All the chasing, cuddling up, mirroring each other's actions, grooming each other and general bunny language that goes on is a delight to watch. How happy it makes me to see them entertaining each other and enjoying the other's company :eek:) Luna is such a sweet natured rabbit; she has only been here two weeks but jumps on my lap and licks me ! She wasn't litter trained when she got here, but was trained within 3 days - so clearly a bright bunny too. (Geez I'm starting to sound like a bragging parent) If anyone is reading this and has a lone bunny, do think about getting them a partner, it is very rewarding.

Oh that's lovely! I think you wouldn't understand how much it does your heart good to see two loved up bunnies, unless you have two!

Oh that's lovely! I think you wouldn't understand how much it does your heart good to see two loved up bunnies, unless you have two!

I know, it makes you so happy ! I know this will sound totally daft, but they are just made for each other.

I just wanna get in there and snuggle up with them, but they just love each other - 2's company and all that! Wouldn't want to be a third wheel!! :roll:

I know exactly what you mean, we had Joejoe on his own for a year and I thought he was happy but when we got him his wifeybun Jess he was liek a new rabbit, and i don't think i had my camera out of my hand the first few weeks there were so many cute moments, even my other half who pretends he's not fussed about rabbits was like awww love come in the kitchen quick look at the rabbbits!! all the time :love::love::love:

So when is Mint going to do the honourable thing and make an honest bunny out of Luna then??!! :lol:

I completely agree

We once had a house bunny called Lewis who adored us and was so happy, but we decided to get him a girlfriend and he loved her so much. He never came back to sleep on my lap after that. But it was great that he had the choice and he choose bunny company everytime.

We have some bunnies here that have to stay single for different reasons and I hate it, even thought I am sure they are fine.

Poor Geoff has been single since last year because his potential partner keeps having one health problem after another :( Fingers crossed we are hoping to try bonding them again next week. I will be so happy for him if it actually happens :)

So when is Mint going to do the honourable thing and make an honest bunny out of Luna then??!!

You know what modern rabbits are like :roll: all this 'living together first' stuff !

I hate Dudley being on his own because he loved Hayden's company but he is a grumpy sod so I am waiting for the right rabbit to try and bond him with. I am also tempted to wait til I move house but will see what happens. We were mentioning the other day though that he seems to binky more now on his own. He is more friendly and seems quite happy so I am not rushing in to anything but will be attempting a bond some time soon.

That's lucky that he seems settled and happy alone, guess just like any other animal, there are some that are born to be loners.

I am facing the same thing as you Donna... I want to break the rabbit cycle but I know I won't be able to when my pair love other rabbits so much :love::love:

Mops was alone for all her life and I feel so guilty about it. I would have loved her to be bonded with a husbun and be a house rabbit :love: she was such a special and gorgeous rabbit.

I wouldn't do it agian - not for their whole life. I've seen how much happier Oggie and Delly are with each other - even though they aren't madly soppy with each other. I don't care about the twos company and threes a crowd, I just plonk myself right down next to them - they have no choice :lol::love:

I've had Eli a few weeks now and he's on his own at the moment as he was poorly when we got him and we needed to fix him up, we've now had him neutered and are due to start bonding sessions on tuesday!

I know he's so much happier now than where he was - even if he did have a 'friend' - but every day I feel so terrible that he's all on his own. Can't wait until the three of them are settled together!

I am facing the same thing as you Donna... I want to break the rabbit cycle but I know I won't be able to when my pair love other rabbits so much :love::love:

its break the cycle or rehome aint it... neither will happen while alvins alive... keeping him single lasted 4 days :oops: :lol::lol::lol:

Back