• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any idea on breed?

RainyMonday

Warren Scout
Hey there,

First post for me :)

I've managed to get 2 rescue rabbits about 2 months ago, and they're both great. I was just wondering if you could let me know what breed you think my male rabbit is? I'm sorry if it's something really obvious, I know nothing about rabbit breeds, all I know is how to look after them :)

Also, since they're rescues we don't know very much about them, are there ways to find out how old they are?

Well this is the boy in question, Blue:

blueee.jpg

Ok, that picture is ridiculously tiny! Will work on getting more but I'm having issues with them - I hate technology

Last edited:
Most people upload there pictures to photobucket, then you just need to copy and paste the IMG code into your reply box :)

and hi :wave:

Sorted!

bluey.jpg

dandelion.jpg

And in the background of the second is my girly bunny Bailey.

I don't know why I'm so curious about what his breeding is :)

i would guess at a dwarf lop both buns are loverly i assume both are neutered?! :) so nice seeing bunnys in pairs! :) not really any way to tell a bunnys age you have to guess looking at him maybe 1-3years old but its difficult if nto impossible to tell really sorry x

Thank you :)

They've both gotten so much friendlier in the short time we've had them, it's great

And just so she doesn't feel left out, here's Bailey watching the sunset in our garden:

Baileysunset.jpg

Also, I know that really Bailey should be called Blue because she's grey and that's more common... But we can blame my sister for that naming blip :p

Cross posted with you there!

Yes, they are both neutered so definately no baby bunnies! We think that Bailey is probaby older, but we might just be thinking that because she's bigger. Is she a lop by the look of her?

Blue really does have a "mane" thing, I was wondering if that was a characteristic only seen in lion heads?

:love::love::love: Blue looks like my bun Castiel :love::love: I would say dwarf lop, possibly dwarf lop cross. My Cass has a 'mane' too :D

Aww, yours are so cute! (and hello to another Scottish person, but I'm from the other side of the country)

I did think that he was quite young, and we think that they're quite an odd pair, but they get on beautifully. from what we know they've always been together. We kind of treat them as if Bailey is Blue's mum, but we think that's probably not true. She just acts like she is :p She's more cautious and protective while he just runs around not really noticing what he's up to.

Boys, eh?!

Aww, yours are so cute! (and hello to another Scottish person, but I'm from the other side of the country)

I did think that he was quite young, and we think that they're quite an odd pair, but they get on beautifully. from what we know they've always been together. We kind of treat them as if Bailey is Blue's mum, but we think that's probably not true. She just acts like she is :p She's more cautious and protective while he just runs around not really noticing what he's up to.

Boys, eh?!

hehe thank you :D, yup a wee scottish person here :D, awww :love:, I've got to say they are both gorgeous buns you have :D

Beautiful bunnies. I would guess dwarf lop and lionhead lop.

They are little beauties! :love::love: yeh i would agree with lionhead lop. Womble has the fluffy hair on the top which i love grooming and styling :love::love: pinky on the other hand Pinky has very short hair on top. As blood sisters, their parents were an albino dwarf lop and mummy was a lionhead lop. it was funny how the genes seemed not to have mixed in terms of looks :lol:

Last edited:
Back