• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Health Records

Does anyone else keep a computerised record of their pets health, or is it just me?

People say im strange, but with 3 rabbits...I know its not that many but still...with 3 rabbits it started to get to the point where i forgot who'd had what.

So i now have a document for each bun which contains all the usual; name, age/date of birth, breed etc.

Then theres a section to keep track of their weight, a general section to make notes if i need to and i also have a section to record trips to the vet. This section has been the most useful, its similar to a vaccination card but for all consultations. Theres also a space to enter the cost of each treatment/procedure, i thought it might be interesting to see how much i actually spend at the vets each year, but if i knew i might regret doing it! :roll:

I might sound geeky, but i think id be lost without it, it's so useful! :oops: hehe. Does anyone else do this? What other useful sections could i add. :)

Last edited:
I do! Weight/age/notes/vaccinations etc.
And I colour code red/orage /green to flag up forthcoming vacc dates.

I have chosen to believe it's not geeky, it's being organised... :lol:

i use google calendar for jabs and when they are due and also when alvin has stasis and how much they weigh when either me or the vet weighs them

i also use google docs to keep a record of Alvins stasis seperately. i guess when i started it i wanted to find a pattern but so far nothing gives me clues as to why :?

i use google calendar for jabs and when they are due and also when alvin has stasis and how much they weigh when either me or the vet weighs them

i also use google docs to keep a record of Alvins stasis seperately. i guess when i started it i wanted to find a pattern but so far nothing gives me clues as to why :?

Yeah i think ive read a post about you trying to find a pattern. hes been doing well though reecently...right? :)

I have index cards for mine. It helps to know when they've had treatment, tummy episodes etc. I keep them together with the jab record cards.

yep i do!! i have a book and i write down any health problems, weights, vacs etc! it has been a big help when illness crop up and you can use it as reference. Even helped the vet out a few times!

yep i do!! i have a book and i write down any health problems, weights, vacs etc! it has been a big help when illness crop up and you can use it as reference. Even helped the vet out a few times!

Ive tried a book but i have this obsession with things like that and i have to start again if its not neat enough. Dont ask...im a strange girl! It sounds really useful though especially if it can help the vet out. Maybe someone should do a sticky on ways of keeping a record of everything, especially for new bunny mummys. :)

the vets have kept on record every week for last 6months, rosie's weight, she's been described as alittle roller coaster :shock:

I have a spreadsheet with a separate sheet per bun and I also keep a calendar just for them on my iCal.

oooh now I feel disorganised. I haven't any records for all of ours. It is all in my head :oops: Although I do scribble Roxys fits on the calendar.

I always get print outs from the vets of any treatment and if I can't remember something I give them a ring and ask or look on here. this place is a great way to keep track of bunnies health :lol:

Back