• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she's not eating much-which baby food?

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
We've had pain relief, gut stimulant and sub cut fluids but still not bothered with food. She is very sleepy tho, pain killer I suppose?
Vet gave me more recovery and said to keep trying if she eats nothing or try baby food.
Please can someone recommend what i should go and get just in case before shop closes?
She doesn't't tolerate fruit or carrots very well so what may tempt her? Not sure what baby food is safe for buns!. I made my sons mush myself when he was a baby.

The pouches are pretty good (although Bubbles is currently recovering from a dental and turning her nose up at them :roll:) - either Ella's Kitchen or Hipp Organic.

Most contain fruit or carrots though :oops: but they do a basil, spinach and parsnip one.

sorry for being really thick but if I do my own for her, do I have to cook it first? Mind you, can only find a stick blender thing

managed to get vegetable only ella's kitchen-not much bun friendly choice...
Will also have a go at a hay and vegetable smoothie for her. Running out of dishes!

We have used HIPP's -the one called red fruit and apple compote. You can get it in supermarkets like tesco. though may not help if she's not keen on fruit.-sue:wave:

HIPP Red Fruit & Apple Compote
(125g)
A delicious blend of apples, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries with fruit juice

Ella's kitchen you can get in sainsburys. The apple one and carrot one I used to mix in with the recovery food to make it more palitable.

Thanks sue. I got a hip apple and banana and she's lapped some from a spoon. Not much but better than nowt. She also nibbled some hay but is flopped again now-not in a 'I'm in pain' way, just in a 'i'm sleepy and relaxed' way. Think she's sick of me watching her.

Glad she's had a little to eat.

Blackberry just had to put up with me sitting and watching him for ages. I get paranoid if one of the boys isn't sat chewing his hay that they've got stasis, and the other three were chomping away merrily, but Blackie wasn't. Then he pushed my hands away instead of licking it, which got me worried. He's been eating all day, but I still stress!

Then he went to the litter tray, and bent down to eat a special poop - just to shut me up and get me to go away, I think.....:oops:

Bless him! Glad he's munching.

Es only has a tiny bit of food then doses again. At least she loves me again now - she's demanded nose rubs.

Back